U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,443 times

Advertisements

I have not been able to find ONE lipstick or moisturizer without an spf ingredient. I am beginning to wonder if there are laws requiring cosmetic companies--even those touting hypo-allergenic lipsticks--to include spf ingredients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,453,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
This may seem somewhat frivolous, but I'm desparate. Most lipsticks make my lips itch and get sore. Clinique used to work for me but the company has changed the formula to include SPF and moisture, and now my lips itch like crazy when I wear it.

Anybody know any brands that won't have this effect?

Help!

Also look for the vegan label on products. Some lip products contain lanolin and that comes from sheep. For a lip balm I would try crazy rumors brand. They have a lip color too but I never tried it.

All Natural and Vegan Lip Balms and Lip Colors in Fun Flavors Crazy Rumors

Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 AM

24 posts, read 34,700 times
beside some lipsticks , you need drink more water , keep 8 cups each day

Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 PM

5,724 posts, read 6,490,883 times
Default Drinking Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsa tobin View Post
beside some lipsticks , you need drink more water , keep 8 cups each day
This is good advice. I know I don't drink enough water. I have quit drinking soda, though, and I think that's a good thing.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Also look for the vegan label on products. Some lip products contain lanolin and that comes from sheep. For a lip balm I would try crazy rumors brand. They have a lip color too but I never tried it.

All Natural and Vegan Lip Balms and Lip Colors in Fun Flavors Crazy Rumors
Balms are nice but don't offer enough color for me. I'm very pale and need the color.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Default NYC Lipstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic1! View Post
I have not been able to find ONE lipstick or moisturizer without an spf ingredient. I am beginning to wonder if there are laws requiring cosmetic companies--even those touting hypo-allergenic lipsticks--to include spf ingredients.
Check the ingredients out, but I think the NYC lipstick does not have the SPF. It's under $2 at Rite-Aid and Walmart. Not a huge variety of colors in the non-moisturizing kind, but enough. It's the only one I've found so far that doesn't itch. I can't use the moisturizing one, though.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
This may seem somewhat frivolous, but I'm desparate. Most lipsticks make my lips itch and get sore. Clinique used to work for me but the company has changed the formula to include SPF and moisture, and now my lips itch like crazy when I wear it.

Anybody know any brands that won't have this effect?

Help!
I have the same problem that you are describing.....you may want to try Cover Girl, lip perfection lipstick.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM

18,124 posts, read 17,252,438 times
I know you said you couldn't use Burt's Bees but they have several different kids of lipstick and they're cheap too. There's one with beeswax and many other kinds. It turned out to be the only kind of lipstick I could use, including the non-allergenic ones and even the lipsticks in the natural food stores. You might want to take a look:

Burt's Bees Lip Balm - Natural Lip Balms for Chapped, Dry Lips

Look under Lip Color>>>>Lip Shimmer for pretty shades of lipstick. It's all made from fruit oils and shea butter and the only (slight) problem I have with it is that it stings for just a second when you first put it on. I think that's the peppermint in it and in my case, they could have just left it out. Pretty shades are plum, fig and watermelon -that's for someone with brown hair, but there are lighter shades too.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 418 times
So far, and I have written to them about this,

Burt's Bees lip products contain LANOLIN which is made from SHEEP. So if you have problems with wool (which is very common), you will have problems with Burt's Bees for lips!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty