U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he more attractive than the average Italian male?
No, most Italian men look way more attractive than that. 20 50.00%
Yes he is, despite being Indian he is more attractive than the average Italian. 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:48 PM

8,680 posts, read 12,839,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Is the point of this to comment that here in the US we look down upon Indians as unattractive or something due to social stigma or racism or whatever?

If that's the case...it's very ironic considering how things are in India in terms of social stigma with regards to dating etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
pretty much
Quote:
Rlly? I knew an Asian girl from the Bay area and she said women there avoid Indian men like the plague because of their "smell" and so called "funny accents".
*shrugs* If there is a stereotype, it's of misogyny or nerdish asexuality, not curry.

However, it's a generational thing. I don't think the younger men are seen that way. They weren't when I was in my 20s, at any rate. As long as Sierra got me going on movies (and all four of the stars in Kama Sutra:A Tale of Love are gorgeous), rent [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433416/"]The Namesake[/URL]. That will explain a lot of it.

[youtube]_sOaA-4Y8tI[/youtube]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOaA-4Y8tI[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM

157 posts, read 402,724 times
No I don't find him attractive as an Indian or an Italian. And trust me I'm a sucker for fair-to-medium skinned Caucasians with a lot of dark hair. Introducing the man in photo as Antonio or as Asok wouldn't make a difference at all.

I can understand this question from the perspective that he is Indian and is often mistaken for being Italian. I wouldn't be surprised if many people think he's Italian.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:10 PM

803 posts, read 949,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I know lots of east asian + Indian matches... your Asian friend is retarded.
=D Awesome, I have only been with a Latina but we broke up, she was kinda violent and rowdy when it came to temper. She was calm when I met her, we started off hugging, ended with me dodging flying objects.

Now to those that posted on this thread:

I admire you guys for tolerating this thread but I did not believe I got my point across clearly. So let me get it across clearly:

Where I live in the US, Italians are seen as being attractive. Tell a woman you are Italian here (okay well tell a White woman you are Italian) and they will go nuts, tell em you are Indian and, well, you get the point.

The vibe in the area I live in and on some sites I post on is that an average Italian man is more attractive than David Beckham. According to this one site I posted on, a Bollywood actor would be considered below average in Italy when it comes down to looks.

So I posted this thread for well, opinions. Now that I got them, the mod can close this thread, or keep it running.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Gazela View Post
No I don't find him attractive as an Indian or an Italian. And trust me I'm a sucker for fair-to-medium skinned Caucasians with a lot of dark hair. Introducing the man in photo as Antonio or as Asok wouldn't make a difference at all.

I can understand this question from the perspective that he is Indian and is often mistaken for being Italian. I wouldn't be surprised if many people think he's Italian.
I would be surprised if they do. See another thing, talking to some Italians in my area, they say it is rare to see Italians with Black hair and tanned skin in most cases, they say majority of them look just like your average nordic European.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
^Quick......get this do before anyone else!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:42 PM

6,004 posts, read 13,175,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisthea View Post

Now here's a sexyguy. Ladies stand back. You'll have to fight me for him
ooh, caliente! he is just bringing all sorts of sexy back!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:08 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,008,285 times
Deja Vu....

Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM

7,371 posts, read 12,314,281 times
Quote:
<snip>
Where I live in the US, Italians are seen as being attractive. Tell a woman you are Italian here (okay well tell a White woman you are Italian) and they will go nuts, tell em you are Indian and, well, you get the point.
<snip>
So stop trying to date white women. It really is that simple, why do so many people have such a hard time with this concept?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,573,153 times
Quote:
Well here in America, especially in my area, there is a stereotype

All Italian men are stallions who are great lovers with great looks.

All Indian men are ugly and smell like curry.

Wondering why the original question of comparison. To me, the man in the photo is very handsome. I have seen east Indian men equally handsome and they did not smell of curry....however their houses did!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So stop trying to date white women. It really is that simple, why do so many people have such a hard time with this concept?
Nonsense, White women are the national standard of beauty.

I find it funny though, as much trash as I hear from White women about Indian and Middle Eastern men both online and offline, in real life whenever Indian dudes date out it is with White girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or