U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:54 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,892,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud77 View Post
Australians and British are uglier, both are islands where inbreeding to keep it Anglo was the norm

Americans are more diverse looking, we're more mixed so we have a diverse look, the americans that are mostly fat and unhealthy looking are actually of pure anglo heritage like australians or british, but their a minority.

Majority of America is mixed with italian, french, spaniard, africa, latin american, jew etc.

Can you say "racist"?

Apart from the incredible racism, this is one of the most unintelligent comments I've ever read on CD. I don't even know where to begin.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:07 PM

34,646 posts, read 42,792,739 times
Funny you should mention this because yesterday, DH and I were having lunch at a Steak n Shake off a major interstate. Two men walked by the window on their way in. I told my husband that they looked like visitors from either England or Ireland, and they looked like father and son. My husband heard them speaking, and they sounded like they were from England.
I can't exactly put my finger on what tipped me off, but I could tell.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:55 AM

2,652 posts, read 2,122,646 times
Australians look slimmer, although I presume obesity is becoming more common there. Also, Anglo-Saxons (many Britons and Australians) look different facially from other groups of people. I think differences in clothing styles are disappearing within suburban and urban areas.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:28 PM

7,825 posts, read 5,457,909 times
Quote:
Australians and British are uglier, both are islands where inbreeding to keep it Anglo was the norm

Americans are more diverse looking, we're more mixed so we have a diverse look, the americans that are mostly fat and unhealthy looking are actually of pure anglo heritage like australians or british, but their a minority.

Majority of America is mixed with italian, french, spaniard, africa, latin american, jew etc.

??

Old 10-30-2014, 02:23 PM

722 posts, read 837,926 times
I think the Brits, Aussies, Canadians look more refined, they remind me of what Americans use to look like back in the 1920's - 1940's

Old 11-03-2014, 08:49 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,111,139 times
Quote:

Have you visited or lived in Australia or England ?
England might be an island but is far more diverse than the U.S.
Inbreeding ? Lol that's funny

Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 AM

6,290 posts, read 3,583,996 times
Yes, they dress differently, no they don't really look different besides that though.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Australia is not very diverse. London is diverse, and my perception is that most of the rest of England is not. There are studies showing inbreeding is high there.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,494,561 times
Quote:

It seems you know nothing about Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Australia is not very diverse. London is diverse, and my perception is that most of the rest of England is not. There are studies showing inbreeding is high there.
.... okay. Actually, its quite diverse, but we can continue with this stereotype.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:51 AM

"Diverse" compared to the USA? Heck no. Maybe I underestimate diversity over there and America has some spots (e.g., rural North Dakota) where almost everywhere is white, but many rural areas in this country have plenty of non-white people and most mid-size cities have significant minority (or majority) non-white populations and it's inconceivable to me that that's the case in England (and even less in Scotland, etc). Anyway, I think many people (including me) automatically interpret the original question as comparing white people born and raised in each of the three countries. It's a simpler comparison certainly. I'll grant that many white people in England probably have trace amounts of non-UK European or Jewish ancestry (or even Indian ancestry in the case of Princess Diana), but still they're more 'inbred' than white Americans and could be distinguished facially from Americans.

Back to clothing - I think it would be easier to tell apart nationalities from rural parts of their countries. For example, British country wear vs. whatever people wear in Alabama.

Edit: I forgot all about Canada. No, I don't think many people could distinguish Canadians from Americans on sight, except for a few groups like white women from Southern California and Texas.

Last edited by goodheathen; 11-05-2014 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or