U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 AM

2,630 posts, read 2,115,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Some Australians have that look that seems distinct to most Americans and Canadians (who are mostly of non-Anglo descent, if I'm not mistaken).

Schapelle Corby, for example, has that 'look'. The eyebrows, hooded eyes, which is a very distinct Aussie look that a good number of Australian women possess:
Good find. Yeah, not many Americans look like that. A famous one who does, the more angular Olivia Wilde, has much British/Irish ancestry. Actually, I discovered that many Australians have Irish ancestry.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:07 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Good find. Yeah, not many Americans look like that. A famous one who does, the more angular Olivia Wilde, has much British/Irish ancestry. Actually, I discovered that many Australians have Irish ancestry.
Besides Renee Zellweger, I noticed, these two American actors have that 'look' too, but they aren't that famous:

Old 11-08-2014, 07:28 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,115,158 times
Before pics are deleted, who is the woman? The man is Jerry O'Connell, and he is quite famous.

By the way, wearing a scarf looks European.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:31 PM

61 posts, read 87,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Southern England tends to have darker haired and eyed people than the rest of the UK. There is a strong French influence who are darker all around - Huguenots, etc. Most in the UK are light eyed, moreso in Scotland and Ireland. Light brown is the most common colour of hair in "ethnic" Britons, as is in Scandinavia. In Scandinavia they have more blond people as a percentage that gives the impression most are blond. Blond hair dye is a big seller in Scandinavia. In parts of the UK fair and blond hair is quite common, with lighter skin than the rest of Europe. Even those with medium to dark brown hair will have very white skin and facial features particular to the British Isles.

Light is light brown hair and lighter, and light eyes. Before you posts again on this it is best you do a search on this forum as maps, charts, DNA, etc, will all come up. Member Saxonwold did lots on this. The DNA of the British Isles is the same as Holland, North West Germany and Scandinavia.
I dont know about dna as I'm not that much into genealogy, but there is a clear difference between our pigmentation (the British) and those from the Scandinavians, not only because of their very blonde ones, but the average here is much darker, Still we look very British/Western european. At my work place there are about 20 employers none of them is a clear blonde shade, I'd say 8 are darkbrown, 6 are plain brown haired, 2 auburn (reddish/brown), 1 redhead and 3 who rance from blond to lightbrown.

Pretty much 16/20 who are more brunette than blonde, and I think Its quite representative for the area. And about eye color I havent counted them all, but I'd think its about 12/13 with light eyes and 7/8 with brown or hazel.

I think europeans are quite close genetically between eachother and probably what accounts for visible physical traits makes up only a tiny portion of the whole Dna.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Before pics are deleted, who is the woman? The man is Jerry O'Connell, and he is quite famous.
Blair Witch Project's Heather Donahue.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:04 AM

3,885 posts, read 3,326,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBlue View Post
I dont know about dna as I'm not that much into genealogy, but there is a clear difference between our pigmentation (the British) and those from the Scandinavians, not only because of their very blonde ones, but the average here is much darker, Still we look very British/Western european. At my work place there are about 20 employers none of them is a clear blonde shade, I'd say 8 are darkbrown, 6 are plain brown haired, 2 auburn (reddish/brown), 1 redhead and 3 who rance from blond to lightbrown.

Pretty much 16/20 who are more brunette than blonde, and I think Its quite representative for the area. And about eye color I havent counted them all, but I'd think its about 12/13 with light eyes and 7/8 with brown or hazel.

I think europeans are quite close genetically between eachother and probably what accounts for visible physical traits makes up only a tiny portion of the whole Dna.
You never did a search and look before you responded did you? Hazel is classed as light eyes. All eyes are light except brown or black. The British Isles has the lightest skin. The lightest hair is in Scandinavia by percentage, who have darker skin. But the average hair colour of Scandinavians is light brown, which is similar to the average in the UK. So the "lightness" overall is about the same of Northern Europe, of which the UK is in Northern Europe. Some southern Englanders seem to think the UK is in Spain or somewhere.

It is not worth my while responding to you in depth when it is already there - search on this forum.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 AM

3,885 posts, read 3,326,403 times

She looks Irish or Scottish.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 PM

7,653 posts, read 14,754,589 times
White American and Aussie (and probably Canadian) males tend to be "larger" than British young males, in my experience, and less "fashionably" dressed.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:48 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,401,092 times
When I was in London. I can easily spot the European Americans before they speak. White Americans have more diversity than White Brits, tend to have a darker skin on average, and have different mannerisms.

Australians in general tend to look British but dress like Californians.

Anglo Canadians tend to look British in general also. It was a contrast to me to see how Brit Anglo Canadians from British Colombia look compared to the largely German/Scandanavian/Irish/other White people from Washington State.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:45 PM

1,031 posts, read 659,293 times
Stud77 you are a racist simpleton and would be chinned in my pub
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or