U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,462 posts, read 8,202,148 times
Reputation: 5491

Advertisements

Hi I would like to model. However, I am tired of people trying to scam me. So I would like to know if anybody knows of any model agencies in New York preferably but any other city is ok too such as Miami, Chicago etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
1,031 posts, read 2,046,935 times
Reputation: 729
Ford Models (#1) and Elite Model Management are the creme de la creme of modeling agencies; I think they really only look for women 5'10" and up though. Another one to check out is "Look Model Agency." Their sites appear to show that they have open calls; it couldn't hurt to attend one because even if you don't look like a runway model, perhaps you could be cast in an advertisement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,462 posts, read 8,202,148 times
Reputation: 5491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
Ford Models (#1) and Elite Model Management are the creme de la creme of modeling agencies; I think they really only look for women 5'10" and up though. Another one to check out is "Look Model Agency." Their sites appear to show that they have open calls; it couldn't hurt to attend one because even if you don't look like a runway model, perhaps you could be cast in an advertisement.
Ok thanks so much! I can be a runway model lol, i'm 6ft but thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
Ford Models (#1) and Elite Model Management are the creme de la creme of modeling agencies; I think they really only look for women 5'10" and up though. Another one to check out is "Look Model Agency." Their sites appear to show that they have open calls; it couldn't hurt to attend one because even if you don't look like a runway model, perhaps you could be cast in an advertisement.
My cousin worked at both agencies as a scout, I am sure she still has contacts there, sure looks like it, judging from her FB friends.
If you are really serious, and have some kind of portfolio, I could ask her if she still is "in the mix" with the people that count at Ford and Elite.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 01-06-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,462 posts, read 8,202,148 times
Reputation: 5491
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
My cousin worked at both agencies as a scout, I am sure she still has contacts there, sure looks like it, judging from her FB friends.
If you are really serious, and have some kind of portfolio, I could ask her if she still is "in the mix" with the people that count at Ford and Elite.
Really? I am very serious. I would like to model. I am an identical twin too. I have some head shots. I will send you a private message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Really? I am very serious. I would like to model. I am an identical twin too. I have some head shots. I will send you a private message.
Just messaged you back!
Going to bed, Nyquil has kicked in, so tired of this doggone cold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top