U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM

343 posts, read 442,653 times

Advertisements

I love cologne on a man as long as it's not too much. My Dad wears women's perfume for some reason and I hate it! No, it has to be manly & subtle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 09:22 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,451,626 times
its ok in extreme moderation and when its not tacky. Or maybe when its saved for special romantic events.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 AM

6,124 posts, read 5,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
its ok in extreme moderation and when its not tacky. Or maybe when its saved for special romantic events.

Yeah, a "special romantic event" is NOT the office of a tractor dealership at 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 AM

8,161 posts, read 9,365,591 times
I don't wear cologne myself, but I do appreciate perfume on women, as long as it's not overdone, and the perfume itself isn't too 'chemically' as some can be. I love a nice, soft floral perfume. And vanilla, yum.

BTW have you seen the 'vulva perfume'? Yes it's real. They've been around a few years so I assume they have people buying it. Unreal. Google it if you want, site is nsfw.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 AM

5,816 posts, read 9,778,125 times
No, not at all, I use cologne as after shave lotion, leaves a feeling of freshness on my skin, very pleasant (and not expensive, men who use expensive "musky" after shaves project the impression of being dubious characters...)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,877,668 times
I don't find it creepy, in appropriate amounts and situations it is great. However, one of the oddest things I remember cologne related is when we moved. One of the movers was just totally soaked in cologne. This was like a Saturday morning 9 am.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
I assume by "cologne" the OP means after-shave and not "Eau de Cologne" ( Hardly anyone nowadays seems to use "Cologne") .

I personally love men who wear after-shave as long as it is a nice one. There are so many on the market there should be one which agrees chemically with each person's skin. Some people simply wear the wrong one ( every skin reacts differently and something which is lovely on one person stinks on another).

Hubby wears after-shave every single day and I love it. Nothing sexier than a man who smells really good IMO. It makes you want to snuggle up to him and nibble his neck...

I like different scents at different times of year ( like clothes there are summer and winter scents ). On Hubby I love "Issey Miyake pour homme" ( lovely and very light), the original "Egoiste" ( getting harder to find) , light but a little stronger , "Cacharel pour Homme" ( stronger and better in winter) and "Kouros" . He has all those and change from one to another.

I have a really sensitive sense of smell ( bad eyesight so I compensate in other ways I suspect) and the olfactory to me is hugely important as one of our senses. Hubby can have me going from " neutral" to "I want to rip all your clothes, right here , right now with my bare teeth" simply by spraying on a barely detectable mist of something fragranced. I also love it when he comes out of the bath still a little steamy and smelling fresh and clean with a tiny hint of bubble bath or shampoo on his skin, a towel wrapped around him.

Some women seem to find sweat appealing in men , I must admit it does nothing for me whatsoever. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nichts. Rien.

Perfume and after shave have to be used very sparingly , it must be something which you notice but barely, a hinted fragrance rather than an in-your face smell.

To me Sex is about all our senses and the olfactory plays a large part in arousal and desire. A nice smelling man is always going to win for me over someone who is odour-less.

I don't like people who stink of fragrance and use it liberally. That is off putting and makes you wrinkle your nose. However scents are something I certainly do not find creepy. I wear perfume every single day whether I am at home cleaning or not. For me not for anyone else. Because I like it. I see nothing weird about a man who cares about the way he smells...

Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,229,163 times
I'm right there with you Moosketeer. When my wife puts on something called Egyptian Goddess, it just makes me want to lay by her side all night. There is something very sensual about the olfactory sense, and like you, smell is very important to me.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Spray a man with cologne .. if he shrieks back like you threw hot acid on him... he likes to stink.

End of story.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM

5,703 posts, read 15,489,422 times
I don't know about creepy but I find it a turn off. I like clean smells so the scent of soap is nice but not cologne. I also do not like when men wear necklaces either. Those types always wear their shirt open, reek of cologne and have a gold necklace nestled in their fur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty