U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM

230 posts, read 534,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am no fashion diva...but I do dress appropriately. I am shocked how some people dress when they go out

I also love to people watch...it can be quite entertaining
Sometimes that's the best part of going out for me, just watching what everyone has on. I love to see what people pull together - from high-end to low-end. Even casual and simple can be chic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,004,692 times
I prefer to dress nice for work, and dress up when I have to (like a company party or other formal event). However, if I'm just going to the grocery store on a rainy dumb day, I'll wear my sweatpants and jacket or gym pants and a t shirt. Same goes for when I'm just bumming around the house! My husband is kinda the same though. Variety is the spice of life right

Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,787,752 times
I'm most comfortable in jeans and a button-down shirt. There are ways to wear the most casual things so that they still look stylish.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,698,087 times
Are there any guys who prefer girls who DON'T dress up?

From time to time, I get reminded (thankfully) that sometimes there is nothing better than a well filled pair of blue jeans walking away. It can be breath-taking. I do like them cowgirls in them blues.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:59 PM

21,186 posts, read 5,516,490 times
Having grown up just outside NYC, people dress for the occasion...if they're going to a restaurant, Broadway play, etc then they do dress up. Otherwise it's what is comfortable.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,122,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't see it here in NYC, sorry but I am here every day and you are not. I live in working-class Brooklyn and work in an uber-trendy neighborhood in Manhattan where celebrities & wealthy folk routinely die of drug overdoes
when the party gets too serious. I am involved in both worlds here, and neither side is sloppy.

If I go out to have a decent dinner tonight - meaning I am not walking around with an orange tray and pointing, and my order isn't given to a person wearing a headset - I will not see people wearing worn out Miller Light t-shirts. That's middle America for you. (Except for places like Chicago, which has some of these types sprinkled in but they don't dominate the landscape.) MO? Sorry, I go there 1-2 times a year and it ain't pretty!
LOL what does "celebrity and wealthy folks routinely dying of drug overdoses" have to do with this thread. I lived in NYC for a while and I have to say no, not everyone there dresses to the 9s all of the time. And if you think "Middle America" is just people wearing Miller Lite shirts and carrying orange trays than you haven't seen all of it either.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:21 PM

3,529 posts, read 6,204,926 times
Well, to me, when I am out in public, my eyes are not diverted by a woman in casual wear or someone with all of their goods hanging out.

My eyes are diverted by someone with a nice business suit or a cute blouse with black pants and heels.... that is a good look.

Although, at home, I like to bum around with my woman.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:40 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,148,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
My eyes are diverted by someone with a nice business suit or a cute blouse with black pants and heels.... that is a good look.
Me too. Except there's a skirt instead of pants. Pantsuits make me think of Hillary Clinton.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:04 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,680,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Me too. Except there's a skirt instead of pants. Pantsuits make me think of Hillary Clinton.
Maybe I have a couple of pantsuits. But I've been wearing skirts and dresses for a long time now, and I just really prefer them over a pantsuit. I love skirts with heels, and a cute sweater, with some funky jewellery. That's what I wore today with heels and a little clutch. I rarely buy the jacket to go with the skirt unless it has some really nice detailing. Now, that I think of it, Hilary C. does always seem to be wearing pantsuits..hmm

Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 3 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,488,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Maybe I have a couple of pantsuits. But I've been wearing skirts and dresses for a long time now, and I just really prefer them over a pantsuit. I love skirts with heels, and a cute sweater, with some funky jewellery. That's what I wore today with heels and a little clutch. I rarely buy the jacket to go with the skirt unless it has some really nice detailing. Now, that I think of it, Hilary C. does always seem to be wearing pantsuits..hmm
I always wore skirts and dresses when I worked in an office. They made me feel pretty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty