Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Pantsuits make me think of Hillary Clinton.
Or Ellen Degeneres.

Pants suits are actually nice for office wear. When I met the wife, she was an almost everyday pants suit wearer. Of course, since she worked for Ralph Lauren at the time, they were all really nice petite Lauren suits so she looked really "high mantenance", but if were were hanging out outside of work, it was sexy Bebe jeans, or nice sun dresses/skirts. Because she had a body that just WOULD NOT STOP everything she wore looked AWESOME. She could wear jeans from Marshalls and a blouse from Mervyns and because she had STYLE it looked great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Or Ellen Degeneres.

Pants suits are actually nice for office wear. When I met the wife, she was an almost everyday pants suit wearer. Of course, since she worked for Ralph Lauren at the time, they were all really nice petite Lauren suits so she looked really "high mantenance", but if were were hanging out outside of work, it was sexy Bebe jeans, or nice sun dresses/skirts. Because she had a body that just WOULD NOT STOP everything she wore looked AWESOME. She could wear jeans from Marshalls and a blouse from Mervyns and because she had STYLE it looked great
Exactly...it's how pieces are worn.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
I love dressing up! I wish there were more occasions to dress up for, though I don't even own many jeans and I feel sloppy in jeans and t-shirts. Beyond that, I'm not blessed with natural beauty so I almost HAVE to wear nice clothes, pretty jewelry and at least some kind of makeup to look at least semi-cute. Even though my eyes are big, I seem to not have much of a face without at least eyeliner oh well.

The irony of this, is I actually like men who dress down, as long as they aren't sloppy and have great hygiene. I guess I'm attracted to outdoors types and when I'm outdoors is when I wear my "sloppy" jeans and t's, oh and cargos because they're comfy, but since I'm thin yet curvy, baggy cargos don't flatter me at all.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM

371 posts, read 597,359 times
I like girls who take care of themselves and their appearance, but when they get obsessed with how they look and everything, it kind of gets annoying. I perfer casual, not a dirty slob, and at special events: why not something fancy?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 AM

4 posts, read 24,634 times
I do think that it's important, as a girl, to dress appropriately according to the occasion like many of you have said. For example, it baffles me to see how some girls would be fully made up at the gym.

All in all, guys shouldn't be too picky with what we choose to wear (unless we look like slobs all the time). Keeping our wardrobes constantly updated is hard on our wallets so unless you're able to make up for it somehow, I suggest you guys hold your tongues. Can you even begin to imagine how many different varieties of shirts, pants, dresses, shoes/heels, accessories we have to have in order to just look like we take care of ourselves?

I've gone out with a few guys who wore the same outfits over and over again. It came to the point where I suspected that they hadn't even owned more than 2 pairs of jeans and a sweater or something along those lines. I understand that not everyone feels like they need to consider the amount of clothes they have but if you expect girls to keep up their appearances, then have the decency to do the same as well.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckythirteen View Post
I do think that it's important, as a girl, to dress appropriately according to the occasion like many of you have said. For example, it baffles me to see how some girls would be fully made up at the gym.

All in all, guys shouldn't be too picky with what we choose to wear (unless we look like slobs all the time). Keeping our wardrobes constantly updated is hard on our wallets so unless you're able to make up for it somehow, I suggest you guys hold your tongues. Can you even begin to imagine how many different varieties of shirts, pants, dresses, shoes/heels, accessories we have to have in order to just look like we take care of ourselves?

I've gone out with a few guys who wore the same outfits over and over again. It came to the point where I suspected that they hadn't even owned more than 2 pairs of jeans and a sweater or something along those lines. I understand that not everyone feels like they need to consider the amount of clothes they have but if you expect girls to keep up their appearances, then have the decency to do the same as well.
I expect my girl to be a slob, which works out well because I only have a potato sack in my wardrobe!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
I wear a T-shirt every day. With so many coming in a pkg a person would think it's the same one but is NOT. My laundry has a bunch of white shirts hanging.

I'm reminded of the movie remake "The Fly" where the girl tells him he should change his clothes (suits) more often. His reply was that he did and for her to look inside his closet which contained half dozen suits...all the same color.

So men do change their clothes every day I would suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty