U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM

230 posts, read 356,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
I agree. I hate they way jeans are made today and it is very frustrating to find anything that fits properly.
What kind of fit/wash do you normally like? There are tons and tons of denim brands right now and even if you don't see something in a store, give the company a call and they'll be able to find something for you. You can also do alterations - a worthwhile investment if you like to keep your denim for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,075,678 times
I like regular cotton jeans because although the spandex/lycra is supposed to give you wiggle room, it bulges and makes me look (well...er...feel) like a blimp all day. I got a pair of jeggings at Kohls to just try them and see how they fit, and they fit fine on my legs but give me a muffin top! None of my regular jeans are doing that (boot cut or flare ones). Maybe I'll go look at Land's End like someone mentioned.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 PM

4,045 posts, read 5,455,669 times
So stretch jeans are why I have plumber's butt? I hate that! Maybe I should get a pair of Levi's.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM

1,887 posts, read 2,498,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsoon2020 View Post
Have you been to a LEVI's store? They definitely sell 100% denim.
Remember to always read the label...many womens Levi's are now blends though I believe some of the older styles are 100 percent cotton. Also I have found the quality of their clothing has dropped significantly in the past 5 or so years. I hate stretch denim too but buy jeans only for practical reasons (not fashion) so I don't mind shopping in the men's dept for them.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM

14,851 posts, read 18,084,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcoast911 View Post
OK, I am not kidding. Why can't I find womens jeans that are 100% cotton? I do not care for the stretch jeans that are the big craze right now ( not even as low as 1% - they just stretch too much).

I went to 3 major anchor stores in the mall last week and 3 times I was practically scolded for asking if they had 100% cotton jeans. Macy's reply was "yes we do, in the mens department only". Now I understand that the stores only have X amount of space and they are forced to sell what people are buying, but really, would it be so difficult to have 1 rack of non spandex in them? I have major issues with the fashion industry as it is anyway with letting us have choices ( for example, most pants these days are low riders, even dress pants - I don't find them comfortable or flattering at all). OK end of rant...
Two words.

Farm Store

Levis, Wranglers, Carhartts... All 100 percent cotton, full cut, "normal" jeans. My dh and I would not even consider wearing anything else but "real" cowboy type jeans. YMMV.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,674 times
Default Where to buy jeans without spandex

I tried to post this before I had registered so this may be posted twice. The only place I can get jeans without spandex and that sit at the natural waist is L. L. Bean. The people are very courteous and if you don't like them you have no problem returning.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 PM

22,271 posts, read 13,106,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Two words.

Farm Store

Levis, Wranglers, Carhartts... All 100 percent cotton, full cut, "normal" jeans. My dh and I would not even consider wearing anything else but "real" cowboy type jeans. YMMV.
Yep. Only here it's called Western Store. (And you can get the "stuff" kickin' boots to match.)

Old 04-07-2011, 06:38 PM

5,270 posts, read 11,758,134 times
My favorite jeans came from Talbots - 100% cotton denim, classic straight leg jeans - love them....they no longer have them in their stores - everything is stretch.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,687 times
I have never seen a pair of stretch jeans on anyone that they flatter. If you have no backside your pants bag to the top of your legs. If you have heavy legs they show every bump and buldge. We have limited choices of what to buy. I am at the point if they were $200 and fit and were flattering I would buy them. Clothes in general even at the places you use to rely on like JC Penney have little to choose from. I don't know if everyone in the buying depart is a new grad, but their decisions need to appeal to all ages, people in their 40's and up still have good taste, but don't neccessarilly want to dress like their daughters.
Lycra in shirts may make them last forever and never wrinkle, but they crawl up your body the whole time you are wearing them. Get the darn stuff out of our clothes, we don't like it.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,865,690 times
I have a pair of Diesel jeans that are 100% cotton that I love. They are a size 25 tho and I can no longer squeeze myself into them .

I'm not getting rid of them tho in case someday I'm ever that skinny again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty