Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

A little bit of spandex goes a long way, and makes jeans way more flattering. Not sure what the beef is. Tight jeans made of spandex (that are like jeggings or leggings) are different than a bit of stretch for comfort.

I only by jeans with a bit of spandex, they fit way better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,305,303 times
Just go to JC Penny and pick up some Levi's jeans, very simple, very easy.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Levi's don't look good on me, so I won't be buying those.

I like how jeans with spandex look when they are freshly washed and just put on, however they seem to "grow" and start sagging fairly quickly. Forget wearing them more than once without washing them.

They wear out quicker than 100% denim too. I know there are 100% denim cotton jeans out there, they just aren't very stylish IMO.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:05 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyjean View Post
I have never seen a pair of stretch jeans on anyone that they flatter. If you have no backside your pants bag to the top of your legs. If you have heavy legs they show every bump and buldge. We have limited choices of what to buy. I am at the point if they were $200 and fit and were flattering I would buy them. Clothes in general even at the places you use to rely on like JC Penney have little to choose from. I don't know if everyone in the buying depart is a new grad, but their decisions need to appeal to all ages, people in their 40's and up still have good taste, but don't neccessarilly want to dress like their daughters.
Lycra in shirts may make them last forever and never wrinkle, but they crawl up your body the whole time you are wearing them. Get the darn stuff out of our clothes, we don't like it.
YESSSS! I think they're doing it to save money. I think if you want 100% cotton, you probably have to spend 200 on jeans.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Stretch is more forgiving for people who have figures that don't match the fit models for that brand. Or if you are a little larger in a particular area. Like butt, hips or thighs. Adds more flexibility with sizing. And a better fit for people between sizes.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I like how jeans with spandex look when they are freshly washed and just put on, however they seem to "grow" and start sagging fairly quickly. .
I didn't find this to be true with 7 for all Mankind. They seem to be made out of a very sturdy denim, but do have a bit of stretch.

I could wear those for weeks without them stretching out too much.

I now have cheaper jeans with more spandex in them and they stretch out so quickly, I don't wear them anymore.

I am not really a fan of jeans in general though. I currently have one pair of dark rinse trouser jeans that I like and then one pair of straight leg Calvin Klein jeans that I bought in a consignment shop for $20. The CK jeans are also made out of thick sturdy cotton with very little stretch to them. They are a good fit for someone with hips bigger than waist.

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 11-24-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
7 for All mankind was actually specifically which jeans I was referring to. Now their older jeans have a heavier weight to them and didn't do this, but I just bought a pair a couple months ago and they are terrible after 2/3 hours if wear.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Believe it or not, you can buy 100 percent cotton jeans at WALMART for under $25. I have two pairs, boot cut, that I really like - and they've lasted several years.

I hate shopping at WalMart though so I may look at the label and see if I can buy them from another source.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 AM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Believe it or not, you can buy 100 percent cotton jeans at WALMART for under $25. I have two pairs, boot cut, that I really like - and they've lasted several years.

I hate shopping at WalMart though so I may look at the label and see if I can buy them from another source.
Yes. You can get them at WalMart, Lee brand - classic fit, I think. Even better, they are not plumber's crack pants which are uncomfortable and look awful on me. These pants actually sit at your natural waist. The only problem is that they usually run out of my size very quickly and the only jeans left that are my size are of the stretchy plumber's pants variety - so I have to make it a point to look for them and buy them as they come in.

Thank you WalMart.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Anything more than 1% Spandex ends up super saggy on me. 2% is fairly common, so I always check. My favorite jeans are my old, soft, perfectly worn Levi's, but I need to get a new zipper put in. I'd get another pair but it seems like newer Levi's are made with thinner, cheaper denim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty