U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,871,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
That's why it's called a poll.

You're under the impression that there's an absolute clear cut definition of femininity. I know not.

It doesn't matter what some other guy chose. I'm telling you what I believe makes a woman feminine superficially.
Its also a CHAT board. Apparently not my strength.

I was wondering what great breasts and butt might look like...to a raging hetero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,913,314 times
another person who i find sexy in a stange way is the Elivra the mistress of the dark and how she just acts and dress at times it pretty sexy at times when she has the full make up and hair and other things that takes the Cassandra Peterson who is not a bad looking women in her own right into the person called Elivra ..

Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,483,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Its also a CHAT board. Apparently not my strength.

I was wondering what great breasts and butt might look like...to a raging hetero.
Kim Kardashian.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:14 PM

39 posts, read 72,600 times
My impression is that the US standarts of gender roles have changed in a great way that many men just don't realize what being real feminine is like, because it is not in clothes and it is not in the way you dress like, it's in your thoughts and the way you act. Different women wearing the same clothes can be totally different and have totally different manners, smile, etc.
But for some reason this "really feminine" things are seen as big disadvantages in American society today when women are put in the conditions when they have to prove that they are not worse than men. why do I have to prove that I am not worse instead of just being myself and enjoying the way I am? I know I am not worse since the day I was born and I don't have to prove it to anyone.
I am surprised that many people in the US consider being "athletic" a big advantage for a woman. Huh?! Even "oversized" is more feminine than a" skinny guy looking body". And if a woman is trying to show her emotions she is laughed at and is called a "drama queen."

A woman in the US has a chance to be everything but not a woman.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,331,198 times
High heels....

Old 01-22-2011, 12:04 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,871,319 times
It doesn't take much effort. There are a lot of things that are 'feminine' in my book:

shoulder length, or longer, hair
womens clothes
earrings...and other jewelry
lipstick
nail polish
heels
curves
how they move their hips when they walk
purse
hose
long socks
I think women have a "softer" look to their eyes in general. Think Audrey Hepburn for an extreme example
make-up...the paint job that makes some women move from a 5 to an 8 or 9

Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 PM

1,342 posts, read 1,643,364 times
I am not sifting through all these comments, but I will say that I think a real female comes with a higher pitched voice. As far as dress, can be more modest, but not exactly someone who wears Nascar shirts with a leather jacket of some sports team. That could be a real down home country girl to some people, but just not something I go to unless this girl was say super nice to me and I really got to know her. Not the 1st thing I go for though. Country girls can be quite attractive on the in and out, just not the extremist type who chain smokes and watches nascar.

A girl who can display a bit of tomboy much like I can display some femininity at the times I want to.
A girly girl who buys designer purses and looks like the Stepford Wives or any of those reality tv shows to me do not make a real true woman. Anyone who grew up rich and wants a man to spoil them also is not a point scorer.
A little junk in the trunk can add to a girls all round appeal as well.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 PM

5,098 posts, read 7,344,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
What makes a woman feminine?
Shaped like a coke bottle

I don't have a problem with women who always dress down, but I can't say I prefer it. I'm attracted to style and an aptitude for looking good; however, she needs to be comfortable enough with herself to go without being "fixed up" sometimes.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM

123 posts, read 218,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Feminine (OMG I LOOOOVE SERENA WILLIAMS):

NOT feminine:
OMG!!!!! is a she..????

Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM

236 posts, read 762,533 times
*pokes head in*

Okay, I know I'm not a guy, but feminity could mean a lot of things. To me it's wearing make up. I couldn't wait to wear make up because that's when I feel most feminine. I also define feminity as having a certain class to you. Being lady like, sweet, and gentle.

Haha! DoctorRain, is it weird that I love the whole Stepford Wives thing? Personally I would love that life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty