U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM

30 posts, read 50,768 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried either hydroxatone, or radialabs - or both? I noticed an ad on facebook and showed a model before and after using the combination of these products. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,019,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine1119 View Post
Has anyone tried either hydroxatone, or radialabs - or both? I noticed an ad on facebook and showed a model before and after using the combination of these products. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts -
What you seek can not be found in a jar, bottle or can.

It can be found in a healthy diet , not smoking cigarettes, exercise, plenty of water, 8 hrs of sleep and being happy as you can.

Everything else is snake oil and a waste of time.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 PM

323 posts, read 427,728 times
Gave up on those type products years ago (due to: rashes, not working, expense). I have found great results by eating healthy, exercise, and using only pure natural products on my skin

Old 01-18-2011, 05:28 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,662,112 times
Not everything else is a waste, or snake oil.

Unfortunately, unless you live in a geo-bubble, your skin is subject to modern pollutants. Plowing the fields for your supper and chanting kumbaya is no longer sufficient, if you are attempting to stave off the ravages of time as long as possible. Also, not all pure natural products are healthy, or even useful for your skin.

Having said that, many of these skin preparations contain mostly fillers, with individual, minute quanties of ingredients that are actually beneficial to the skin. They do this so they can make claims such as "Sesquahydroquinsinol.3 has been proven in laboratory tests to improve the appearance of wrinkled skin in as little as 20 minutes, and lasts for up to 72 hours!"

Of course, what they don't tell you, is that they injected 2ccs of pure sesquahydroquinsinol.3 under a lab rat's fur, and on the 73rd hour, the rat exploded.

But it DID improve the appearance of that wrinkled rat. And it would improve your appearance too, if you injected the human proportion of 2cc's of it under your skin. However, since it's only .08ccs in a 24-ounce jar of artificially perfumed petroleum jelly (mineral oil) and sheep-wool dander (lanolin), it's not going to do diddly squat for your skin. Except maybe make it greasy.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,698,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
What you seek can not be found in a jar, bottle or can.

It can be found in a healthy diet , not smoking cigarettes, exercise, plenty of water, 8 hrs of sleep and being happy as you can.

Everything else is snake oil and a waste of time.
Good one, LMAO

Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM

30 posts, read 50,768 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the responses - I have to agree.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,263,518 times
A little tip ladies, free of charge: The single, very best anti-aging tip I oculd give you is.........................................drum roll, please........................Diet & Exercise!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,466,237 times
I've had good luck with Retin-A, Copper Peptides, TCA peels, the Tua Viso, sunscreen and diet.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:07 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,975,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I've had good luck with Retin-A, Copper Peptides, TCA peels, the Tua Viso, sunscreen and diet.
You've seen a visible difference with the copper peptides? I spoke with my derm (phd in pharmacology as well) about them and he just smiled at the notion. I saw no difference.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,466,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You've seen a visible difference with the copper peptides? I spoke with my derm (phd in pharmacology as well) about them and he just smiled at the notion. I saw no difference.
I use the patented Skin Biology Copper Peptides. Loren *****rt, the owner, has the patent. Maybe you weren't using real copper peptides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty