Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Hmm maybe just MY faith in the government.

In spite of the blankety-blank health-care bill and not ending the wars or freeing the unfairly-imprisoned from Guantanamo Bay, I think I can almost forgive the president after seeing an awesome state dinner for Hu Jintao.

I was tired of having frumpy and unattractive first ladies. I mean, with a bada$$ for a husband like former president Bush and all that lovely money, I really expected a lot more from former first Lady Bush that I got. And Secretary of State Clinton's headbands? I mean, America needs SOMEBODY to compete with Queen Rania and Carla Bruni, right?

Right.

I believe that's the REAL reason for the perceived decline in American dominance in the past few years. Bad fashion.

Anyway, I don't do red but I LOVED Michelle's dress at the Dinner for Hu Jintao!!! So culturally correct, so fashionable and so flattering!

OMG and I LOVED all of the beautiful dresses and gorgeous people who came to the dinner TOO. THAT'S why I wanted to marry a rich man so I could dress up and go to dinners like that.

Nevertheless, I guess I can live vicariously. The youngish wives of all the rich, powerful guys present looked so beautiful! I especially loved all of the satin dresses, and even though Anna Wintour's dress was out of place (knee-length white dress to a DINNER party with for a Chinese dignitary?...I know it's hard to see with all that hair in her eyes, but she could have made a better fashion choice.)

Michelle Kwan also wore a knee-length dress. Why? Maybe they thought they were attending the state cocktail party?

But I digress because almost everyone else looked AMAZING.

I LOVED Michelle's red DRESS, and while Vera Wang looked a extremely thin, her dress was LOVELY!! As were the dresses of the many thirty and forty-something LUCKY well-connected men's wives in attendance. Wendi Murdoch's dress especially caught my eye.

Mona Lock's dress looked beautiful, as did her pretty bob. She should give Anna Wintour the name of her hairdresser. Ann Friedman is not a beauty, but I think she had one of the prettiest dresses of the night. Ditto for Charlotte Shultz. I now have blouse envy. The Walt Disney guy's date, Willow Bay lived up to her name in a pretty white (okay bad color, but at least it was long) dress with gold trim and accessories. (swooning)

Fox news of all places has a SMOKIN' slide show. But somehow I can't find it...I found some more, though so pls take a look and comment:
A Jazzy All-American State Dinner for Chinese President Hu Jinato
Obama̢۪s State Dinner for Hu - Slide Show - NYTimes.com
President Barack Obama - Yahoo! News Photos

President Hu is also pretty attractive. Am I crazy? Siigh. I Wish I could have been there.
This post has so much estrogen that I grew a pair of boobs while reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty