U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,484,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Call me crazy, but what the heck is the point of wearing the white halter top if you're going to wear it with jeans? Won't you be sweating your arse off in that heat then?
LOL, I lived in TX for years and agree. I hated jeans in that climate. Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You're crazy

Seriously...I like the look of the halter paired with jeans. I've never really liked wearing shorts quite as much, but I'm so used to wearing jeans that I don't get hot wearing them. Also, I have a rule that I tend to follow...don't show off too much skin at once. If I'm planning on wearing shorts or a skirt that show off my legs, I"ll wear a regular-length shirt. If I'm wearing a shirt that shows off my arms and/or midriff, I"ll wear pants.
That's a very good rule. I also think you picked the best of those original choices. If you really wanted to "class it up" a bit, pair it with palazzo pants and a pair of cute espadrilles. Toss on or carry a sheer linen shirt that you can remove or add if the weather/social scene requires. Very "Resort".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 PM

23,977 posts, read 31,205,285 times
Quote:
Actually, those tops are quite popular here during the summer. While it would be a good look for the beach, it's something I could definitely see myself wearing while going out for cocktails at night at an upscale lounge, or for meeting up with the girls for lunch at our favorite outdoor bistro. It seems like a versatile top.

Of course, I wouldn't just wear it ANYWHERE. I wouldn't wear it to my son's school functions or when I'm having dinner with the family, for instance.

I live in a beach town, but that would not be typical attire for any type of "upscale" club here. Down at the beach, in a seaside pub, maybe.

This would be much more appropriate, and sexy too, IMO.
Embellished neckline tank*|*Boston Proper

I love this too...

http://www.bostonproper.com/product/...c/54/pc/42.uts

Last edited by ChessieMom; 02-07-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,004,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Guess I'll be the first one to say they are trashy.
I will be the second.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM

5,258 posts, read 7,801,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I live in a beach town, but that would not be typical attire for any type of "upscale" club here. Down at the beach, in a seaside pub, maybe.

This would be much more appropriate, and sexy too, IMO.
Embellished neckline tank*|*Boston Proper
I have a top like that...only it's green. I love it.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
LOL, I lived in TX for years and agree. I hated jeans in that climate. Too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

That's a very good rule. I also think you picked the best of those original choices. If you really wanted to "class it up" a bit, pair it with palazzo pants and a pair of cute espadrilles. Toss on or carry a sheer linen shirt that you can remove or add if the weather/social scene requires. Very "Resort".
That's a good idea- pairing it with espadrilles. I was planning on pairing it with palazzo pants, as I think that look would be awesome. I also agree that I picked the best of my original choices.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:17 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,808,449 times
I too live near the beach but never seen anyone wearing the last two that you have listed anywhere besides actually on the beach. I don't necessarily think its risque but I don't think any of them are that attractive, the first is fine, its casual, the second one seems a bit dated but to each his own and the last two just scream look at me I need attention rather than being sexy or classy. No offense to anyone just imo.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 PM

3,490 posts, read 7,222,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
the last two just scream look at me I need attention rather than being sexy or classy. No offense to anyone just imo.
That's how I see it too. Sorry.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,298,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
I will be the second.
And I'll be the third... Sorry, they all look cheap to me... There's a reason why they're priced under $20. It's not just the lack of material - it's the type of cheap material, color/pattern, cut, attachments/zippers, etc. that make them look trashy.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
And I'll be the third... Sorry, they all look cheap to me... There's a reason why they're priced under $20. It's not just the lack of material - it's the type of cheap material, color/pattern, cut, attachments/zippers, etc. that make them look trashy.
I received the white top that I ordered today, and I'm not sure I like it so much now. Not because of how short it is- I think the length is fine- but the material looks cheaply made. There were some frayed edges and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. It looks worse in-person than it did online. I've bought a few tops from this company before and I enjoyed them, so I'm surprised that this top looks low-quality. I think I might be returning this top.

With that said, I won't be ordering from this company anymore. There's no telling how badly I might be deceived, quality-wise, with any other tops I'd buy from them.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM

23,977 posts, read 31,205,285 times
Quote:
I received the white top that I ordered today, and I'm not sure I like it so much now. Not because of how short it is- I think the length is fine- but the material looks cheaply made. There were some frayed edges and I wasn't impressed with what I saw. It looks worse in-person than it did online. I've bought a few tops from this company before and I enjoyed them, so I'm surprised that this top looks low-quality. I think I might be returning this top.

With that said, I won't be ordering from this company anymore. There's no telling how badly I might be deceived, quality-wise, with any other tops I'd buy from them.
Sorry Amanda. Yeah, it's always a risk ordering from somewhere like that. Ag good deal can easily turn into money out the window. I've had great luck with both Newport News and Chadwicks, believe it or not. They are inexpensive, but the quality is decent. Boston Proper has very good quality, but it can be pricey. I think those are the only places I've ordered from, online, in recent memory ( I mean as far as clothes for me), but maybe others can give you some more suggestions (not sure if you were looking for more, but just thought I'd offer that up).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty