U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 PM

10,757 posts, read 19,139,864 times

Advertisements

I'm w/the others - overpriced, cheap clothing. Makes me sad, I have a pair of khakis that I absolutely love and was hoping to get more (and maybe in other colors) - but now it's basically cheap crap that costs 2-3X what it's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,474,332 times
I used to love Old Navy & the Gap till they dropped,my size which is 1.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM

574 posts, read 657,234 times
I like The Gap. I buy everything online because I need tall sizes so I don't go in the stores much. I love their jeans--they fit me right, are durable enough and the price is within reason. Their khakis and such are maybe a little stodgy now but I buy a lot of my workwear at the Gap--if I throw on a jacket I'm dressed good enough for court but if an article of clothing gets ruined I'm not out a ton of money.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,889,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I used to love Old Navy & the Gap till they dropped,my size which is 1.
We carry size 0 and size 2 at the Gap would either of those work for you?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 AM

28,265 posts, read 43,579,140 times
I haven't shopped at the GAP since I was like 15-16, back when it was still the cool place to go (early/mid-90s). Then I was "out of their size range" for a while, and now that I'm back in their range, I just prefer other places... probably too old for their look now, so I prefer shops like Banana Republic, Macy's, Dress Barn, and Ann Taylor.

Oh, but I do like their baby/kids clothes! I don't have any children myself, but do have a niece, nephew & friend's kids to shop for... their stuff is super cute for the 'lil ones, although Target is even better IMO (and cheaper).

Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,889,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I haven't shopped at the GAP since I was like 15-16, back when it was still the cool place to go (early/mid-90s). Then I was "out of their size range" for a while, and now that I'm back in their range, I just prefer other places... probably too old for their look now, so I prefer shops like Banana Republic, Macy's, Dress Barn, and Ann Taylor.

Oh, but I do like their baby/kids clothes! I don't have any children myself, but do have a niece, nephew & friend's kids to shop for... their stuff is super cute for the 'lil ones, although Target is even better IMO (and cheaper).

I don't know how old you are, but, we have a lot of customers in their 50's that shop at the Gap for basics such as jeans, cute sweaters, socks and stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty