Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:24 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,106 times

Advertisements

I bought a Canali suit a few months back and somehow, a few girls have been able to sneak a peek at the label and 3 different girsl have commented on it. Go figure.
Cool and expensive clothes = success in life = power = sex. It's a fact of life in this part of the world. For a Russian woman, a "real" man must be (or at least must seem) successful in life.

They themselves always love to dress to the tens (not only to impress, but also to seduce) , and anything less than a correspondingly well-groomed guy is not a guy worth ****ing.

The expensive watch is also magnet for girls. As the optical glasses if you wear some. Recently bought a 600€ frame (+ glasses) Dita Statesman model, and as for your Canali suit, all the Russian girls I've met have commented on it. Winner.

^Just some things said on Russian women. By no means someone I would want for a relationship; that is Russian women. Ukrainian on a case by case business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,307,854 times
All the russian and ukrainian women I've worked with were not much to look at. Short round peasant faces with snub noses and mousy to pudgy builds. Fair hair and ruddy skin (not my idea of classic). But they were nice enough and I enjoyed working with them. Am I gonna think that all of them are plain? No. Am I gonna think they are the most gorgeous women on the planet? No. But I'm sure their husbands find them attractive. This is all just a matter of personal tastes and I think it's lame to romanticize and objectivy any women from any culture/ethnicity.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:33 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,591,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Of related note:

Software Calculates Appearance Of The Average Woman in 41 Countries

Software took a number of pics of faces from 41 different countries and calculated the average woman's face of those countries. I gotta give Greece my vote. And the Swiss. And Iran. Aw hell most are attractive.
When you take the average you create symmetry which is considered to be the standard for beauty...so the average will tell you nothing about the look of those from the country. Every average composite on that list was way above average and attractive. Every single woman on that page had a perfect nose and you just do not see that when you are out and about.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:01 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,307,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
When you take the average you create symmetry which is considered to be the standard for beauty...so the average will tell you nothing about the look of those from the country. Every average composite on that list was way above average and attractive. Every single woman on that page had a perfect nose and you just do not see that when you are out and about.
Actually I thought the average Chinese/Taiwanese and Hungarian women were not attractive at all... but ironically I'm Chinese/Taiwanese and my husband is Hungarian. LOL! I guess this is to be taken with a grain of salt. I also thought the Romanian, Korean, Cambodian, and Samoan averages were not so great... i think symmetry is not the be all end all in beauty.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:11 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,211 times
Clearly this is just an opinion.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Irina Shayk - Swimsuit by Emamo - 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition - SI.com

Irinia Shayak from Emangelynsk City, Russia just made the cover of SI.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I bought a Canali suit a few months back and somehow, a few girls have been able to sneak a peek at the label and 3 different girsl have commented on it. Go figure.
Cool and expensive clothes = success in life = power = sex. It's a fact of life in this part of the world. For a Russian woman, a "real" man must be (or at least must seem) successful in life.

They themselves always love to dress to the tens (not only to impress, but also to seduce) , and anything less than a correspondingly well-groomed guy is not a guy worth ****ing.

The expensive watch is also magnet for girls. As the optical glasses if you wear some. Recently bought a 600€ frame (+ glasses) Dita Statesman model, and as for your Canali suit, all the Russian girls I've met have commented on it. Winner.

^Just some things said on Russian women. By no means someone I would want for a relationship; that is Russian women. Ukrainian on a case by case business.

I had to vomit after i read this. All I can envision is the russian girls smoking in from of the building here in Brooklyn, gross, vomit, gross......................
blech!! soit spit spit....

dont think Russian women are hot ....blech !!!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
You'll always find hot and not so hot women from all countries all over the world.

It just so happens that the Russian women I know ARE in fact HOT. This includes Mrs. Lao and many of her friends who just so happen to all be ballroom dancers and/or Cirque performers and athletes. All relatively young, fit, non smokers (a couple smoke) and into looking good. Heck, one is a (formerly) famous Russian singer (like a Russian Madonna) who is over 40 and IS SMOKING HOT!! Also, the Russian/Ukranian CD member we have here (Davachka and Max'sMom) are also SMOKING HOT!!!

Me personally, I think that the worlds most beautiful women (IMO) are from Brazil, Costa Rica and maybe India (the Bollywood actress Indians, not the super dark skinned lower caste Indians). But, still, I think the Russian I married IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD. There are some who agree, but mostly, its just me.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,029 times
Of course its all up to personal opinion....but I think the OP has a point that many of the world's most beautiful women come from Russia/Ukraine. Many models are Russian/Ukrainian.

And whether or not they enjoy the finer things in life has no reflection on how physically attractive they are. Some cultures are not as into looking like slobs as Americans. Thats is just a fact. Many European countries spend more time on their appearance and would not be caught dead walking around and looking like many Americans do. What could we say about the Chinese? That they are superficial since they create and wear soooo many counterfeits? But that has no reflection on their physical attractiveness does it? Though I have to admit, there are not too many Chinese models or beauties for that matter, that is one culture that does not produce too many beauties when it comes to men or women.

Personally, I think the most beautiful women are women like Eva Mendes, Jennifer Lopez, Padma Lakshimi...but I don't see women like that in person ever! In reality, I know many gorgeous Russian/Ukrainian women.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,029,976 times
She isn't prettier than lots of other women, plus having a boob job pretty much puts her out of their league, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty