Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,369,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Don't worry, in comparison to what have already been said on this forum about Russians aging badly, manipulative, gold-diggers, ugly smokers, this is really mild. I bet if someone mentioned Latinas getting fat as they age, the s**t would hit the fan, but when it comes to Europeans, it's allowed.
So true, it's sad !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Irina Shayk doesn't look Russian to me, and Shayk isn't a Russian name. She looks kind of Turkish to me.

You're right, Shayk isn't. However, does Shaykhlislamova sound Russian enough?

I can see why she shorten it by 3/4.

This type of thread is all about personal preferences. With that said, my preferences are in line with how Russians look. I will say Czech Republic are my favorite though.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I will say Czech Republic are my favorite though.
I give you one of the greatest Czech imports to America: Edita Slewnska:

The hottest gal to ever appear on Dancing With The Stars.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: copyrighted pic

Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Ummmm... yeah, definitely. I'm a straight woman, and still got a little "hot & bothered" whenever that woman danced.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,296,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
You're right, Shayk isn't. However, does Shaykhlislamova sound Russian enough?

I can see why she shorten it by 3/4.

This type of thread is all about personal preferences. With that said, my preferences are in line with how Russians look. I will say Czech Republic are my favorite though.
No. It sounds like a Russified Turkish name. Remove the feminine suffix -ova and you have Shaykhlislam, which would be her fathers name. That isn't a Russian name.

If you look at pictures of women from areas where Turkish languages are spoken you will see some of her features in the pictures of those women. Also, her skin tone isn't Russian. Darker hair and lightly tan skin isn't uncommon, but the actual skin tone or hue differs between the Russians and Turkic people.

Turkic/Tatar women (the blonde ones mixed in with the search results are Russian or mixed)
tatar women - Google Search

Russian women
Russian women - Google Search

The results for Russian women show a few who aren't ethnic Russians because the search results are unable to distinguish between ethnic Russian and someone of another ethnic group with Russian citizenship.

At any rate, you can see the difference between Russians and Turks.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,296,561 times
Quote:
I think the Czech women are attractive too. Generally, I find women from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Czech Rep., the Baltic States, Sweden, Norway and Iceland to be my favourite. Although I prefer blondes, I've seen a few Spanish and Portuguese women with a certain look I find attractive.

I don't care for the Greek or Italian look. Most German women are just average to me, although there are a fair amount of Scandinavian-looking German women who are attractive. I think most English women just have a bland look to them.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:19 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
Quote:

Except that she is not Czech...she is Polish.

Otherwise I agree with you, pretty face and smoking body.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:55 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,441 times
Quote:

I raise you! Joanna Krupa was the hottest gal to ever appear on DWTS.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: copyrights

Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,979 times
Lol. Her skin tone isn't Russian??
Pray, tell me, what is a Russian skin tone? As one myself I am quite curious.
You do realize how large Russia is and that it originated from multiple 'tribes'. Most people do not know this, but there are Russians that look Asian, there are Russians with blonde hair and fair skin, there are Russians that look middle eastern, etc. There are people in my family who look Greek, just as there are people in my family who look very fair. There is no one "look" so your examples aren't quite justified. If one goes overseas one will see how many different 'looks' there are of Russians as the country is so vast that appearances may vary depending on the region. Similarly to most other countries, however Russia might be more extreme since it is greater in area size and therefore may differ more depending on region. Tatars, Uzbeks, Mongols, Belarus, Siberians, Slavs, all have been part of ancient Russian tribes for many many centuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
No. It sounds like a Russified Turkish name. Remove the feminine suffix -ova and you have Shaykhlislam, which would be her fathers name. That isn't a Russian name.

If you look at pictures of women from areas where Turkish languages are spoken you will see some of her features in the pictures of those women. Also, her skin tone isn't Russian. Darker hair and lightly tan skin isn't uncommon, but the actual skin tone or hue differs between the Russians and Turkic people.

Turkic/Tatar women (the blonde ones mixed in with the search results are Russian or mixed)
tatar women - Google Search

Russian women
Russian women - Google Search

The results for Russian women show a few who aren't ethnic Russians because the search results are unable to distinguish between ethnic Russian and someone of another ethnic group with Russian citizenship.

At any rate, you can see the difference between Russians and Turks.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Except that she is not Czech...she is Polish.

Otherwise I agree with you, pretty face and smoking body.
D'oh! My mistake.

Greatest Polish Import to America ever. You should see her in person. WOW!!!

THIS is the the greatest Czech import - Zuzanna:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNxqq0Krgw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty