U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM

7,458 posts, read 11,128,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
No, I'm right: your opinion does not matter. If it did, you would get your wish.

The fashion channels show what happens on the runway but they do not drive what happens there. If you don't like what you see, why do you keep watching? Does your tv not have an "off" switch?
Cleary you didn't read and take on board what I said. Moderator cut: Rude.

Last edited by JustJulia; 02-16-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Let's not forget that designers also like having one size to deal with because it makes designing and fitting easier (than, say, having to create a bunch of different styled, different fitting clothes for all sorts of different women for one show).
Good point

Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Dave nz, you need to check out Fashion TV in HD. Its 99% fashion runway shows and believe me, there are some HOT models out there in the world. I rarely and I mean RARELY (maybe once a month you'll see one) see the super skinny "anorexic" type models that fat women usually complain about. They havent been around since the 80s or 90s. Sure some fat chick will go out and try to Google "anorexic model" and try to post here, but from what I have seen in watching Fashion TV over the past year or more, those types of models no longer exist. You'll still see thin women but they are GOOD LOOKING HEALTHY THIN WOMEN.

Get yourself Fashion TV and check out the greatest shows that are on tv:

Midnite Haute - comes on a 9:00pm every night here on the west coast. Probably midnite everywhere else. Nothing but sexy sexy fashion - lingere, swimsuits, sexy high fashion photoshoots, etc.

Swimwear - nothing but swimsuit fashion on the runway and/or designer swimwear photo shoots.

Lingere - nothing but lingere on the runway.

Here is some smoking hot model sexiness for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFD-bWntGMI
Yep that what I have, fashion TV.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,484,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I'm talking Europe here.

All the models without exception are tall and slender. They have to be otherwise they don't get accepted.
I think they are missing the boat here. While most of them are attractive, for mine variety is the spice of life.
Now while I'm not suggesting having overweight or obese models, more variety would give it more appeal. A little more meat on the bones would be ok.
Pretty much all the women are small breasted, again they are mostly attractive. But why not have some larger chested women as well, to mix it up.
Same goes for height, women a little shorter women would add some more variety.

What about Megan Gale?... I'd like to see more models like this

She couldn't get a gig here, went to Italy and became quite popular

megan gale - Google Search

Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,080,761 times
if she is so sexy ,I think she is so fashion!!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,261,688 times
Jeez, this topic has been posted more times than "What song are you listening to right now" on the damn music forum!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,410,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Let's not forget that designers also like having one size to deal with because it makes designing and fitting easier (than, say, having to create a bunch of different styled, different fitting clothes for all sorts of different women for one show).
To me, that's the epitome of laziness. You cannot call yourself a designer if you are not capable of designing and fitting all sorts of women for one show. Unless the clothes were created beforehand, there should be no excuse.

By limiting to fashion to a "one size fit all" mentality, it's an insult to everyone in the trade.

Like Tim Gunn says, "Make it work".

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,429,096 times
If you actually watched a lot of fashion different designers take different types of girls to show whatever creations they are pushing. Couture fashion is not just about being sexy just like every women is not putting on an outfit wondering how sexy they are as the only focus. Its also not for turning on men. Its artsy and fun and more for turning on the mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBI6MCtqYfA

epic feel, clean, refined fantasy.

More to taste than just "would I bend her over"

"Beauty is also submitted to the taste of time, so a beautiful woman from the Belle Epoch is not exactly the perfect beauty of today, so beauty is something that changes with time."
~Karl Lagerfeld

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...#ixzz1EQQRDWbJ

Last edited by Opsimathia; 02-19-2011 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,814,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
If you actually watched a lot of fashion different designers take different types of girls to show whatever creations they are pushing. Couture fashion is not just about being sexy just like every women is not putting on an outfit wondering how sexy they are as the only focus. Its also not for turning on men. Its artsy and fun and more for turning on the mind.

epic feel, clean, refined fantasy.

More to taste than just "would I bend her over"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8LOLswfTkQ

Old 02-19-2011, 10:04 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,814,706 times
Here is more like it. More Fashion TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRWUe...3FFDB5809F210C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or