U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM

806 posts, read 1,956,206 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but I gotta go there:

People who waste their money making designers, stars, TV shows etc RICH, yet they live in less than desirable conditions, have credit card debt piling up and are just above minimum wage, or what not.
STOP for a year, save up, re-evaluate priorities and really consider if something that is going to break you, and will go out of style in 4-6 months, is really worth having...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM

236 posts, read 762,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
It's all Paris Hiltons' fault!!
Do tell!

Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,941,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
A lot of the girls in my school are sporting Louis Vuitton and Coach bags. I know they're fake because I know where they're getting them from. There's an Asian woman at the local mall who has a store, and she sells fake bags. Apparently she has a permit to do so. Not only does she sell fake bags, but she also sells fake Juicy Couture and Tiffany bracelets. I even saw Louis Vuitton luggage bags, and hats.

I won't lie some of those bags were very convining.

I am pretty sure her store violates intellectual property law.Fakes are not that convincing if you are very familiar with the real thing.It is in the details. I would never buy or carry any fake/replica crap. It violates the whole idea of luxury brands.Kind of like surimi vs Maine lobster tails.Why bother?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 AM

382 posts, read 619,382 times
How much is a Juicy Couture bag??? $300.00. Stop dreaming about a bag and find a job that pays well.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
a bag is for holding my purse or wallet as some call it... my camera which Im never without.. wipes, a hairbrush, my bus pass and junk.... so I dont care if the bag costs buttons.. it holds all my stuff and I wouldnt dream of spening more than a few quid on one..

Old 06-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,494,587 times
As long as they look real and good I dont care. Spending 800 on a bag some child in a factory probably made for $5

Old 06-18-2012, 12:10 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,528,564 times
In theory, I don't have a problem with people buying knock offs. And unless you look -- INSPECT -- the inside with a magnifying glass, looking for a specific feature -- don't think you can tell the difference. Most of the time just walking down the street or sitting next to someone in a restaurant, you can't tell the difference, so IMO, who cares.

If anything I'd care about the LOOK. And as long as they look the same....I would care more about my cost.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:59 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,941,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Just buy what you like - easy peasy. DON'T be a slave to a brand (they are all made in China).

All the so called replicas are made in China-that is correct.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:04 AM

944 posts, read 1,367,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
For the past couple of months I have been lusting after a Juicy Couture handbag. Literally dreaming and fantasising about holding that beauty in my arms.

I finally told my mom about the feelings I have for the brand. She started making jokes that she was going to buy me a fake one, and that I would never know the difference. Well, I would.

I believe if you truly like a brand, you won't buy knockoffs. Knockoffs are an insult to the brand. If I bought a fake would Juicy Couture get my money? NO!

And fakes aren't even in good quality. There's usually a misprint, or obviously messed up stitching!

How do you all feel about knockoff brands? Not just purses, but ANYTHING!

save your money and buy the real deal. Fakes support terrorists, look tacky do not last long and some of the hardwear is made with toxic lead.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,646,355 times
I get my bags from a craft stand, by a guy whose family makes them. All leather outside, lined inside, lots of pockets, adjustable straps with brass fittings and buckles, and they last for years. If I buy a new bag once every 5 years I'd be surprised. The average price of these one-of-a-kind, hand-made, NOT factory-made bags made by the designer himself, is around $80.

Bonus: I don't have to wear his advertising logo in exchange for the privilege of spending half a month's salary wearing products he makes. He has no advertising logo, except on his business card and the sign over his stand.

I feel about fake bags, around the same as I feel about designer bags: they're the product of people who think wearing someone else's logo is some measure of their personal status.

Last edited by AnonChick; 06-19-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty