Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:33 PM

138 posts, read 360,133 times

Advertisements

Wheres the post op pics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM

5,009 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
If you get a top notch Dr and go to the right facilities, the chances are nil of complications. I did so in both of my surgeries. My only disappointment is that I gained a bunch of weight and now have no idea what I'll look like when and if I lose it again (think turkey neck). The other surgery - absolutely essential. Do you realize they do not make bras for 38A? Or AA? My mother had asked me to look for one for her (think genetics) and they simply do not exist.
Again, it depends on how necessary the surgery. The situation that you pointed out is problematic enough to consider a life-threatening surgery, although if I were you, I just wouldn't have worn a bra (Please know that I am kidding; I empathize with you--as well as with women in your exact opposite predicament). Again, you provide some really realistic, solid and practical advice re: the reasons why women choose to have elective surgeries and how to go about it if they feel that such surgery is necessary. As you point out, it really isn't as simple as it might seem.

However, I don't think that derriere enhancement is similar to what you are talking about. I don't think that anyone should even consider this kind of surgery. It just isn't worth it.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron. View Post
at one time i considered it. But than i started thinking about all of the women that would slap my ass all day at work. I decided to "pass on the ass"
Very cute ass at that....

Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
If you get a top notch Dr and go to the right facilities, the chances are nil of complications. I did so in both of my surgeries. My only disappointment is that I gained a bunch of weight and now have no idea what I'll look like when and if I lose it again (think turkey neck). The other surgery - absolutely essential. Do you realize they do not make bras for 38A? Or AA? My mother had asked me to look for one for her (think genetics) and they simply do not exist.
You could buy a 36AA and add a bra extender. And even with the best docs, the chances of complications always exists and they do happen. People who are pro-plastic surgery just ignore the risks and the statistics are not publicized or often even acknowledged by the industry.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
This happened in Philly on Tuesday. So sad, but is a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of having this type of procedure illegally. It's also big news here because she lives in the same borough as I do.

Have any of you ladies (hey even guys) considered butt augmentation?

Search for person who botched Claudia Aderotimi’s buttock enhancement continues | Hackney Hive
better put her in the coffin face-down for the viewing so that "enhancement" doesn't go to waste.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,446,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You could buy a 36AA and add a bra extender. And even with the best docs, the chances of complications always exists and they do happen. People who are pro-plastic surgery just ignore the risks and the statistics are not publicized or often even acknowledged by the industry.
Agreed. XS bras with stretch and an extender would also fix this problem. Many women with AA bra size also choose to go braless or to wear a tank with shelf bra under their shirts to eliminate the appearance of being completely braless. Women who undergo reconstructive surgery following breast cancer treatment are having "essential surgery" done; however, surgery to enhance one's breast size for the sake of having larger breasts is not essential. It is risk for the sake of vanity.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,457,924 times
This story is so sad. I inherited a big round butt from my mama so, im good.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
A woman in Florida died of the same thing...she had four young children too...she was only 36 years old. This type of sugery has been "normalized" to the fact that people don't even think twice about it...going under anesthesia, have a surgical procedure...it is done routinely, in a doctors office, no less...sad. I think people who go in for elective cosmetic surgical procedures should have to go to at least 5 mandatory counseling sessions prior to the surgery, to discuss their issues with self esteem, self acceptance, and values...

Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

236 posts, read 859,880 times
Oh, what the price of beauty does to people.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Only one word i can think of is WHY?????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty