U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM

587 posts, read 1,232,673 times

Advertisements

This happened in Philly on Tuesday. So sad, but is a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of having this type of procedure illegally. It's also big news here because she lives in the same borough as I do.

Have any of you ladies (hey even guys) considered butt augmentation?

Search for person who botched Claudia Aderotimi’s buttock enhancement continues | Hackney Hive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,859,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
This happened in Philly on Tuesday. So sad, but is a cautionary tale to anyone thinking of having this type of procedure illegally. It's also big news here because she lives in the same borough as I do.

Search for person who botched Claudia Aderotimiís buttock enhancement continues | Hackney Hive
I read the story and passed this on to my friends because this is so sad. I never knew it was such a big business until this story as I could never imagine anyone even thinking of a butt enhancement.. Its sad that women and men in many societies feel that they need to "enhance" a body part by cosmetic procedures to feel good or important about themselved (in general).

If people want a nice looking booty they should re-evaluate their pants they wear. This is true for the body shape as well. Many pants will either enhance the natural features, camoflauge the natural features or plan make them look awful.

As some advice - men and women - you want a nice looking booty - shapely, full, etc.... squats are fabulous for this as well as anytype of cardio that involves inclines

Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 AM

587 posts, read 1,232,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
I read the story and passed this on to my friends because this is so sad. I never knew it was such a big business until this story as I could never imagine anyone even thinking of a butt enhancement.. Its sad that women and men in many societies feel that they need to "enhance" a body part by cosmetic procedures to feel good or important about themselved (in general).

If people want a nice looking booty they should re-evaluate their pants they wear. This is true for the body shape as well. Many pants will either enhance the natural features, camoflauge the natural features or plan make them look awful.

As some advice - men and women - you want a nice looking booty - shapely, full, etc.... squats are fabulous for this as well as anytype of cardio that involves inclines
I guess some people are are impatient. Results from working out takes time, I just don't understand how anyone would consider anyone other than a bonafide doctor with credentials. A hotel room with a someone with a youtube account????????

Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,247,672 times
Probably b/c it costs less. However, even with a doc, it is a very risky procedure, like all plastic surgeries. There was a similar story about a woman in Argentina who died, leaving behind two small children and a husband.

As important as it is to crack down (no pun intended) on illegal providers, another important aspect is to make people aware of just how dangerous the procedure is and how, ultimately, it is a ridiculous reason to risk one's life and/or health. My advice has and will always be: if you feel the need to go to such extremes to make yourself or others happy, then you should spend the money on a good therapist rather than this kind of procedure.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:43 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,290,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Probably b/c it costs less. However, even with a doc, it is a very risky procedure, like all plastic surgeries. There was a similar story about a woman in Argentina who died, leaving behind two small children and a husband.

As important as it is to crack down (no pun intended) on illegal providers, another important aspect is to make people aware of just how dangerous the procedure is and how, ultimately, it is a ridiculous reason to risk one's life and/or health. My advice has and will always be: if you feel the need to go to such extremes to make yourself or others happy, then you should spend the money on a good therapist rather than this kind of procedure.
How about both? I have done the cosmetic surgery thing twice now without any problems. Of course, I had a real Dr and went to real facilities where I would be properly cared for.

I think as long as someone isn't looking for unrealistic results (to be Snow White post-op) then surgery can be a good option.

I think what this article demonstrates is that one can't really scrimp in terms of money when doing this and one has to be safe.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:53 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,247,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
How about both? I have done the cosmetic surgery thing twice now without any problems. Of course, I had a real Dr and went to real facilities where I would be properly cared for.

I think as long as someone isn't looking for unrealistic results (to be Snow White post-op) then surgery can be a good option.

I think what this article demonstrates is that one can't really scrimp in terms of money when doing this and one has to be safe.
LOL, I never thought of that

I'm glad that you have had good and successful experiences. However, I always think that it is such a waste when someone dies and leaves behind children when opting for elective surgery. As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't necessary (i.e. life-threatening), then it's best not to go there. However, if you find a doctor you trust and get good results, then more power to you. But for me, thanks but (haha) no thanks The risk just isn't worth the reward.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM

862 posts, read 2,262,596 times
I could make a donation with my butt; liposuction in my midsection however is something I have wondered about after 4 children and the thickening of my formerly hourglass figure. But its nothing that bothers anyone other than me and liposuction is so dangerous. Just vanity based on how I used to be shaped VS an actual disfigurment.

I would feel SO stupid hovering around in the afterlife watching my kids grieve because I wanted my small waist back. I think every woman has to weigh the pros and cons and who would be depending on them. Implants and nose bobs don't seem to kill people as often as these fat removal/injection procedures. And as has been pointed out, only go with the best if you decide to move forward.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,290,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
LOL, I never thought of that

I'm glad that you have had good and successful experiences. However, I always think that it is such a waste when someone dies and leaves behind children when opting for elective surgery. As far as I'm concerned, if it isn't necessary (i.e. life-threatening), then it's best not to go there. However, if you find a doctor you trust and get good results, then more power to you. But for me, thanks but (haha) no thanks The risk just isn't worth the reward.
If you get a top notch Dr and go to the right facilities, the chances are nil of complications. I did so in both of my surgeries. My only disappointment is that I gained a bunch of weight and now have no idea what I'll look like when and if I lose it again (think turkey neck). The other surgery - absolutely essential. Do you realize they do not make bras for 38A? Or AA? My mother had asked me to look for one for her (think genetics) and they simply do not exist.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 PM

34,544 posts, read 42,708,506 times
ANY type of surgery bears the same risks. If you think you can't die just because the surgery is elective, you are mistaken.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,546,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post

Search for person who botched Claudia Aderotimi’s buttock enhancement continues | Hackney Hive
At one time I considered it. But than I started thinking about all of the women that would slap my ass all day at work. I decided to "pass on the ass"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty