U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,155,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
and its only 2 bucks! thanks! I'll get some of that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Printed bikini bottoms also help, IMO. And get a nice push up top to draw attention front and center!!

My curves come with an extra helping of thigh, that's just the way it is! But if you take care of yourself and drink H20 and eat right, it should be minimal, it will bother you and snarky women more than anyone else. Enjoy being being a girl, enjoy your vacation and have fun !!
aw, all my bikinis are solids..I have one printed one, but the bottom is so skimpy I'm terrified to wear it around too many people . Its not quite a brazilian cut, but its by a Brazilian company and they cut their bottoms kinda narrow in front and back, lol.

I'm terrified of push ups. My boobs are too massive for anything extra! I just don't know how drawing attention to the front is gonna detract from the back of my thighs, lol.

But ya, I can't wait for this trip, I'm super excited!

Picklejuice-I'm what people call "thin" and I still have it. Its mortifying.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,330,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
and its only 2 bucks! thanks! I'll get some of that!
Dear... if this problem could be solved with a $2 lotion-potion, we'd all be swimsuit cover models!

Old 02-17-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Dear... if this problem could be solved with a $2 lotion-potion, we'd all be swimsuit cover models!
hahah!! true

Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM

243 posts, read 337,820 times
You gals have it rough...truly you do. Mir is a very attractive gal....shouldn't be worried about this kinda thing, but she is...

Our culture has really made it tough for women to be comfortable with themselves...

I say, relax Mir, have a great time!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommere View Post
You gals have it rough...truly you do. Mir is a very attractive gal....shouldn't be worried about this kinda thing, but she is...

Our culture has really made it tough for women to be comfortable with themselves...

I say, relax Mir, have a great time!!!
Thanks tom! I'm usually pretty comfortable with myself, but this cellulite thing is pretty nasty! haha

Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,475,001 times
Look into dry skin brushing too. As far as tanning just get a gradual tanning lotion to use after the shower.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Look into dry skin brushing too. As far as tanning just get a gradual tanning lotion to use after the shower.
hmm, what is dry skin brushing? I already have super dry skin cause I live in the southwest..

Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM

1,696 posts, read 3,863,122 times
theres really not much yo can do about it. kind of like pregnancy stretch marks- youre gonna get or youre not- and either way, there is no fix.

wear a pair of swim shorts or a cover up if it bothers you that much. but really, no one but you cares.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM

305 posts, read 488,996 times
The only thing that is scientifically proven to help with cellulite more than just superficially is increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat. No cremes, no brushing, no massage will do anything beyond the superficial. That means weight lifting, not running. There's no such thing as "toning" the way it is understood, exercising to give a more defined look. You can increase endurance, but that will not lead to a "toned" look. Bodybuilders do something called cutting,meaning an extreme diet to reduce fat percentage as much as possible. Again, this leads to increase of muscle mass and decrease of fat percentage if you want to rid yourself of cellulite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty