U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:54 PM

4,941 posts, read 7,098,368 times

Advertisements

I get blackheads on my nose and Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask is great for pulling out the blackheads, oils and making my face look brighter! I do a facial with it at least once or twice a week. Great stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,451,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I use Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. It is a creamy facewash - doesn't foam up. I used this before I bought all the "organic" stuff from my esthetician. She uses the organic stuff on me during my appointments and it's fine, but for some reason, when I used it at home, it stings like hell and dries my face out. So I have all this expensive stuff that I'll likely never use.

I do have the gentle brush for the Clarisonic. I have three brushes - one for my body, the gentle for sensitive skin, and another face brush that is slightly more firm than the gentle/sensitive brush. I've only used the sensitive brush on my face.

Moisturizers - I mix up the routine. Sometimes I do the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector followed with Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF20. Sometimes I use MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base followed by either MAC Studio Moisture Cream, or MAC Oil Control Lotion. Sometimes I just use (gasp!) Oil Of Olay Beauty Fluid. I mix it up because some days I just feel drier or oilier than other days.

I use all MAC cosmetics, but I am open to changing because I LOVE makeup. I just like the variety MAC offers in its formulations and colors in everything from foundations to eyeshadows. I buy other stuff here and there if I see something I like, but I stay pretty true to MAC.

While shopping at WinCpo today, I went ahead and bought a Freeman Cucumber mask - it was the only peel-off mask they had on the shelf. Of course, I was shopping with my husband so he isn't going to run all over the place looking for a mask with me. Even though I hate cucmbers, I'll give it a whirl tonight, until I can get out by myself and go "mask hunting".

Funny thing is ... when I am cruising around sans makeup, like today, I have NO flakes of skin on my face. The skin is smooth, non-flaky, and pretty much looks healthy. It seems it's when I put on moisturizer and makeup that I have this problem. But, I have to wear makeup when I go to work and school, otherwise I look like a zombie!

I appreciate your help!!!
Maybe give your skin a little more moisture and time to drink it in before makeup? They also make that MAC fix spray:

M·A·C Cosmetics | Fix +

Maybe you just need to give yourself a spritz of that to balance out any drying that happens when makeup is applied. Any refresher spray is nice. I like to try different ones because my skin does the sometimes dry thing where it needs just a touch more of hydration but most lotions could leave it too oily.
I use water when wearing mineral makeup but the MAC stuff is nice for cream bases because it does not make the color run or spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty