Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:19 PM

236 posts, read 860,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
To clarify, I said inside of wrist and ankle, not chest.
Yes, I know what you're talking about. I was using the chest as an example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
The inside of the wrist tat I was considering was actually the universal medic symbol with "Betadine" written underneath it, for practical purposes
Understandable! And acutally a pretty good reason.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
I seem very religious because I don't like tattoos? Really? Even though I've been told it's in the Bible somewhere that tattoos aren't good, but that's another story.

Yes, yes I know it's their body and they can do whatever they want with it and I know I shouldn't pry into the lives of people with tats. But I'm just so damn curious of why anyone would want to do that!? Isn't painful?
I said religious cause you mentioned treating our bodies like temples and I know thats in the Bible. And I don't think it's painful. I guess ask the people who have tats why they do it.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:22 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Yes, yes I know it's their body and they can do whatever they want with it and I know I shouldn't pry into the lives of people with tats. But I'm just so damn curious of why anyone would want to do that!? Isn't painful?
Not as painful as you might think... and most tattoo artists will tell you the WOMEN are tougher than guys, at least when it comes to getting inked. Again, why do you even care about it? Don't like 'em, don't get 'em - simple as that! I don't understand a lot of things other people do, but I'm not about to question them or make rude judgments. What's the point of dying your hair? And what's the point of piercing your ears? The real question is, why does it matter?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Better? I know I'm probably coming off as an *******
Nothing new. I'm coming off as a judgmental b♥tch, but luckily it's just the internet.

Quote:
but I know many people who are NOT trashy or tacky or something who have tattoos and/or piercings. To generalize them as trashy or tacky when some look good or are even quite beautiful is like someone who says that all art from the Middle Ages or Renaissance is stupid because it's mostly religious art.
Sorry for generalizing. Let me rephrase. I can do that, right?

People with tattoos aren't tacky or trashy, but their tattoo is.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
why do you even care about it?
It's called curiosity. It's that thing that kills cats...

Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Nothing new. I'm coming off as a judgmental b♥tch, but luckily it's just the internet.
I don't know about you, but I try not to be judgmental on OR off the internet...

Quote:
Sorry for generalizing. Let me rephrase. I can do that, right?

People with tattoos aren't tacky or trashy, but their tattoo is.
That's still generalizing an awful lot... do you think cultural/tribal tattoos are tacky & trashy? Like this guy: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...3TIsWb_FF6DbBg
Or this traditional Thai tattoo: http://www.tigermuaythai.com/wp-core...t-tattoo-1.jpg

Or how about something small, subtle, and non-visible (in normal street clothes)? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...URibDtXmVG1Rbg

Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
It's called curiosity. It's that thing that kills cats...
Again, I'm curious about lots of things, but I can inquire without being rude... like when people ask politely about my tattoos, I have no problem explaining them in a similarly polite manner. But if somebody points at me and shouts "You're tacky, trashy, didn't go to college, etc.," I have the right to respond accordingly.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I happen to be a semi-professional classical musician (viola), and I'm also an avid photographer. I can't paint or draw to save my life, so tattoos do satisfy that side of my artistic tendencies.
Lovely! Good for you, viola player/photographer.

Quote:
Even if I had ignored it, that wouldn't change the fact that it's a rude & tacky thread... you said "I don't mean to offend," and then go on to say rather offensive things. Sorry for pointing out the obvious!
Yet again if someone is offended they may leave. Clearly not a thread for them. ♥

Quote:
Just how young do you think I am?
I was going for 20s... O_O

Old 02-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Again, I'm curious about lots of things, but I can inquire without being rude... like when people ask politely about my tattoos, I have no problem explaining them in a similarly polite manner. But if somebody points at me and shouts "You're tacky, trashy, didn't go to college, etc.," I have the right to respond accordingly.
I dunno, I thought I asked pretty nicely.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yet again if someone is offended they may leave. Clearly not a thread for them. ♥
Oh please... I've been around C-D long enough (even moderated for 3+ years) to know how things work, and I'm not exactly crying over your comments. Even if I were truly offended, that's no reason for me to run away - but nice way to avoid addressing my actual point.

Quote:
I was going for 20s... O_O
Don't I wish... But no, I'm comfortably into my mid-30s, and therefore old enough to know what I like or don't like - and I like tattoos, for whatever reason. I can't even answer that question, just as I can't answer why I like strawberries & hate bananas. There's not always a deep & profound reason for liking something, and for the most part (with tattoos) it's simply an aesthetic appeal. I like how they look, no more no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty