U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I agree. I'd happily make (read: torture myself) one vice buying used.

As for the swimsuit in the OP... with a different color-set, it could be gorgeous.
True, black-on-black might be okay, although I still don't care for the bow. You'd end up with funny tan lines too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,686,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

But what the heck is this ugly swimsuit?

Victoria's Secret - Lace Cut-out One-piece

It's like some bad 80s flashback. I swear girls in junior high wore Bongo outfits in those same shades of coral and mint green. And the weird black lace inserts? Remnants of Madonna's Like a Virgin days.
I thought the exact same thing LOL! It might look nice on the model, but on us regular folks, I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
I agree with you about the swimsuit! I guess the designers run out of ideas and repeat themselves every 20 yrs with a few modifications. I like the Jantzen brand of swimsuits. I actually got a few nice swimsuits that look like they're from the 1950s but nicely updated. Here is a picture of it, only on ebay now:

JANTZEN Retro Swimsuit Dress One Piece Size 4 NWT - eBay (item 160523986573 end time Feb-25-11 12:16:11 PST)
Now this swimsuit looks very nice!

Can't wait for the vegetable bathing suit line by Ellen DeGeneres to come out!

Ellen DeGeneres Veggie Bikini Line

lolz!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like VS lingerie and pajamas--their flannel PJs are a rarity because they come in tall. And thank you to a tall CD "sister," ImportersWife, who recommended their sweaters to me. I bought a heathered green sweater with heavy fringe that I just love from VS.

But what the heck is this ugly swimsuit?

Victoria's Secret - Lace Cut-out One-piece

It's like some bad 80s flashback. I swear girls in junior high wore Bongo outfits in those same shades of coral and mint green. And the weird black lace inserts? Remnants of Madonna's Like a Virgin days.

Sometimes I think designers are just out of their minds. But they made this, and someone at Victoria's Secret said, "Oooh! LOVE!" And some women somewhere are going to buy this. Maybe the same women who buy those atrocious green clodhoppers in my other thread.

This is more my speed, with sunglasses and a big hat.

Victoria's Secret - The Beach Pant

Sadly, only their linen beach pants come in tall, and linen and I are mortal enemies.
Ikscjuse me, Jules, I have a question, uh... what exactly is ugly?!?! I can't see anything else

Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times
Do the links not work for you?

Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 PM

806 posts, read 1,955,235 times
That VS suit is waaay fugly!!! I can't believe they are trying to pawn that off like its "hot". Well, it's a NOT!!

I did like the Jantzen, super cute!

Not sure about the pants yet. Maybe for the house. Why wear pants at the beach? I Love Pareos!!

I was also wondering when they were going to try to slip the '80's styles back in... I had seen somewhere where the new "in" bathingsuit was that old strapless that looks twisted.

Here's one: Rosa Cha - Crisscross Bandeau Bikini - Neiman Marcus

AND LOOK at that ridiculous price...?? Yeah right, for 1 yard of fabric??

Old 02-23-2011, 11:30 AM

2,207 posts, read 3,014,203 times
Quote:
I'm sure they're working just fine for him, but I think you missed his joke....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
That VS suit is waaay fugly!!! I can't believe they are trying to pawn that off like its "hot". Well, it's a NOT!!
I think the bottom line is, these women, regardless of what they wear, will be hot, because the guys really aren't going to care.

Quote:

I did like the Jantzen, super cute!

Not sure about the pants yet. Maybe for the house. Why wear pants at the beach? I Love Pareos!!

Quote:

Same here!
I was also wondering when they were going to try to slip the '80's styles back in... I had seen somewhere where the new "in" bathingsuit was that old strapless that looks twisted.

Here's one: Rosa Cha - Crisscross Bandeau Bikini - Neiman Marcus

AND LOOK at that ridiculous price...?? Yeah right, for 1 yard of fabric??
Apparently, Neiman Marcus thinks "scraps" should cost more than a pair of jeans by 7 for all Mankind.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM

609 posts, read 1,069,316 times
i actually think its cute. reminds me of madonna lol.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,127,016 times
LOL... that swimsuit looks terrible by itself... but it looks pretty good on the model!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,683,229 times
Quote:
LOL. I was just joking that I find it so hard to concentrate on the catalog when..............

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM

378 posts, read 980,168 times
That thing is way ugly! Who the hell is going to wear that to the beach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty