U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM

1,829 posts, read 3,662,946 times

Advertisements

^I'm no Jen fan, but that was a little mean. Only she and her exes know what the real deal was behind their breakups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,463,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
who gives a rats ass about JA hair, you gotta be kidding.
she isnt even important.
She continues to work in Hollywood long after what people thought would be her "career".... just doing TV etc.

And is the inspiration for middle aged chicks everywhere who love the Real Housewife look!! Tanned and toned, with long, tacky hair!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
And is the inspiration for middle aged chicks everywhere who love the Real Housewife look!! Tanned and toned, with long, tacky hair!
I'm not sure I understand the fascination with looking like someone else. With copying a look. The people in the film industry (and you seem to pay attention to it) who get noticed are the ones who have their own style. Who put their own stamp on things and look just a little different than everyone else.

They are the ones that catch the eye of the people in Casting. Those are the ones the producers are looking for. The cookie-cutter look just doesn't fly.

You walk down Rodeo looking like a Real Housewife and nobody's head is going to snap to take a second look.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,863,075 times
I will take the housewife look over the Wal-mart look any day Especially the toned part which you so rarely see in Wal-mart

Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM

127 posts, read 161,055 times
All I know is that Jennifer Anniston's new hair cut AGES her. This should have been a case of if it ain't broke..........

Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 PM

If[she[grows it to her shoulders & gets layers it's the Friends haircut....no matter what she does, the media will twist it against her. Paulina Porizkova has a nice shoulder length cut that might work..... I bet people will criticize that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~A New Me~ View Post
All I know is that Jennifer Anniston's new hair cut AGES her. This should have been a case of if it ain't broke..........

Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times
Her shoulder-length cut looks better, but I don't see anything particularly special about it. Paulina is classically beautiful and could make almost any style look good.

The long, curly hair just reminds me of cheerleader Claire from Heroes. Too high school prom. Penelope Cruz usually wears her hair in long layers (no curls), and she looks fantastic.

Penélope Cruz - IMDb

Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Her shoulder-length cut looks better, but I don't see anything particularly special about it. Paulina is classically beautiful and could make almost any style look good.

The long, curly hair just reminds me of cheerleader Claire from Heroes. Too high school prom. Penelope Cruz usually wears her hair in long layers (no curls), and she looks fantastic.

Penélope Cruz - IMDb

Yeah, I'm not digging the ringlets, but I don't think the length looked inappropriate or unflattering on her. And the first look doesn't look "Housewife-y" to me at all.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:56 PM

9,834 posts, read 5,722,389 times
Good that Aniston wants to separate herself from that tacky look. It's time for a trend toward a classier, less high maintenance look.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Good that Aniston wants to separate herself from that tacky look. It's time for a trend toward a classier, less high maintenance look.
For sure!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty