U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:06 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,462,399 times

Advertisements

Earlier this week Jennifer Aniston said she wanted to get away from the "Real Housewife look", stating this as the reason for her new bobbed hair cut.

This TV show has a pretty strong following, I doubt many people really want them or their paticular look to go away.... Perpetually tanned skin, long fake extensions, implants, tight, hooker type dresses.... What do you guys think?

Get the Real Housewives' Style on a Budget (http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-the-Real-Housewives-Style - broken link)
Real Housewives Of Orange County | In Your Face
Real Housewives | Health, Beauty, Fashion and Style Tips For Women and Men | Style With Anna

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM

250 posts, read 804,631 times
I don't like Jennifer's new cut at all. I think it ages her and that it looks like barbara striesand. Not a fan of it. It's also too blonde.
She had a look of her own, she wasn't perpetually tanned, she doesn't have implants and she's fresher than the sterotypical so cal bleach blonde so I'm not sure why she felt the need to bring "housewives" into her decision but I guess pressure...

Definitely ages her although not that much different I just don't like the angled cut in the front or the more severe bleach blonde highlights. Not flattering. She could have simply chopped it off a couple inches, given a few more wispy layers without that angle and I think it would have suited her better.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:06 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
I don't think it was Jen who stated she didn't want to look like one of the "Real Housewives," but her hair stylist.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,462,399 times
Google it....the news story was that *Jennifer* didn't want to look like a Real Housewife. And yes, she has elements if it. She kicked off the tanned trend in the 2000s. The RHs have,taken parts of her look & copied it. I don't blame her for wanting to get away from it.
She could grow it an inch or so,cut a few layers or curl it. I bet she never wears it long again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think it was Jen who stated she didn't want to look like one of the "Real Housewives," but her hair stylist.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM

250 posts, read 804,631 times
well whoever suggested it doesn't really matter. Really you think she'll never wear it ling again? maybe so. who knows...I'd start growing it asap though if it were me.

What's "in" and wanting to stand out is one thing. What the ladies think is attractive isn't always what men find attractive. She felt a need to stand out, and she did. Many people follow her hair style but in this case I don't think many men probably find this as sexy as she used to be. I bet you men picking from a group of the real housewives and her they probably would pick the ladies with the longer hair. Not saying you should wear your hair to please the men, but that is simply what the majority probably would find attractive. I love longer hair though so maybe I'm biased. I think some of the real housewives have some nice hair. Do they all have extensions? I wouldn't even know. My hair is long but it's real.

It does change her look and she is attractive nonetheless I just find it ages her. I bet the majority of the people who claim they like it are women as well.

She looks like a regular average mom shopping at old navy w/her kids. I see them all over town. Nothing special for sure. She used to look more sexy, fresh, young, carefree. She definitely looks more average now. Not many women over 40 can pull off the look she had with ease.

She may not look like a "real" housewife of so cal, she looks like an average american housewife in middle america.

Just my opinion.

I like her though, she seems real for hollywood and I agree it may look better with a little wave in it and a few more layers.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:37 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Google it....the news story was that *Jennifer* didn't want to look like a Real Housewife. And yes, she has elements if it. She kicked off the tanned trend in the 2000s. The RHs have,taken parts of her look & copied it. I don't blame her for wanting to get away from it.
She could grow it an inch or so,cut a few layers or curl it. I bet she never wears it long again.

You think Jennifer Aniston kicked off the tanning trend in 2000??? She always seemed pretty pale to me, unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

And you think the RH try to look like her? I don't see any resemblance. Jen is rather understated with the fact that she's always in black and neutral makeup. I just think that the women of RH look like women from metro areas. In fact, I think most of the women of RH are looked down upon for their overuse of cosmetic surgery and over the top looks.

Regardless, I'm not a fan of Jen's new do, more specifically the color. She should have stuck with her Real Housewife look.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM

806 posts, read 1,954,778 times
The wife in the pic #3 looks sick to me.. Is she healthy... DRAB.....

#6, NO, Not hot. She's holding on for dear life....

The rest have me looking forward to aging!!!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,145,091 times
Bah. I'm not a huge fan of that look. Too much maintenance and too fake.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 AM

15,228 posts, read 23,749,578 times
who gives a rats ass about JA hair, you gotta be kidding.
she isnt even important.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 AM

806 posts, read 1,954,778 times
Some people do NC....

She is not that important, and her love life and career has peaked a LONG time ago...

Her acting is the same in each movie, except when she was a store cashier.

Marley and me was probably close to her real personality, which is why her men leave her... What a pompous *****!!

But Hotter with long hair!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty