Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:03 PM

20,324 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I saw a woman with hairy legs today, short skirt too. Interesting. She was shopping at "Whole Foods".

Was she wearing this type of footwear?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,829,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
I don't shave... I wax, once a month, my legs are always looking silky smooth, I go out every weekend so I have to
I like waxing too...forget shaving. The area around my ankles just kills me when I get it done. I would think other more "sensitive areas would hurt more"--but they don't. My esthetician says it's because it hurts more anywhere close to the bone....

Much nicer than shaving though, and I read a suggestion to take a couple of Ibuprofen before I go for a waxing...

Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Maybe I should answer my own question. I do shave my legs all year long, usually every other day in the summer and maybe twice a week in the winter. My hair is very light colored and fine so I am usually the only one that can tell but it bugs me so I shave.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:26 AM

89 posts, read 230,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I like waxing too...forget shaving. The area around my ankles just kills me when I get it done. I would think other more "sensitive areas would hurt more"--but they don't. My esthetician says it's because it hurts more anywhere close to the bone....

Much nicer than shaving though, and I read a suggestion to take a couple of Ibuprofen before I go for a waxing...
Did you start waxing recently ? I have been doing it for ages so I don't feel the pain on my legs anymore but I remember it hurted a lot at the beginnings, but the pain goes right away.
I didn't hear about the ibuprofen advice before, does it work ? I don't do anything special before waxing, only exfoliate my skin a day before

Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Yeah. I'm covered so why bother?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:50 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
I don't do my legs everyday, but, the sure do feel nice all shaved up. Having everything done on me makes me just feel so much better!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,715 times
Unless I'm running extremely short of time or incredibly ill and could care less whether I live or die, I shave my legs every single time I'm in the shower or bath, which is at least once a day. Without fail. I really should have shares in Gillette.

Personally, I think unshaved pits and legs are abomidable, but I do admit that I am the product of extreme social conditioning on this topic! I had to stop seeing a GP once because she insisted on wearing little shirts with tiny little cap sleeves and her freakin bush of armpit hair just billowed out.....seriously, it was like 2 black clouds emerging from her sleeves.......it was beyond distracting, not to mention gross. i mean, fine, if you don't want to shave then don't, but at least hire a gardener or a landscaper to attend to that jungle!

and it made me feel like I needed to shave my own pits raw. she also had hairy legs, but thankfully she rarely wore skirts or capri's. I'd hate to think of other, um, areas.

reminds me of a song from my (long ago and misspent) youth: "a forrest! I felt like a tourist, a backpacker, oh $hit, where's my weedwhacker?...."

Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
I don't shave... I wax, once a month, my legs are always looking silky smooth, I go out every weekend so I have to
If waxing lasted a month for me, I would totally do it. It lasts a week, tops. I just can't justify the expenditure.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Yesterday at the .99 cent store i saw a rather attractive white woman wearing shorts & her legs were hairy.

She was talking to me & being quite flirty in the shampoo isle but seeing those hairy tan legs was a total turn off. I wasnt rude to her but just not intrested. I like a woman to look like a woman....period.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I only skip shaving to grow out for waxing. I don't wear shorts/skirts either while doing that. Stubble is just way to itchy to let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty