U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
 
1,809 posts, read 4,599,415 times
Reputation: 1529

Advertisements

I know Coach, Dooney Burke, and Gucci make beautiful leather handbags, but what other companies do at a more affordable price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque
2,294 posts, read 5,474,332 times
Reputation: 1085
For a good leather bag at a reasonable price, Coach is your best bet. Check out the Coach outlet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,258 posts, read 34,755,638 times
Reputation: 20198
I get my pocketbooks at a specialty booth in the Ft. Lauderdale/Sunrise area of Florida. There's a permanent structure that houses long-term booths, I think it's called the Sunrise Flea Market? Most of the vendors have been there for years, it's not the type of flea market where some guy brings all the crap from his garage. They have everything from wig shops to boutique clothes, a farmer's market section with fresh produce and a butcher and deli-made specialty knishes, and this one particular pocketbook booth, that features all leather handbags of various sizes, shapes, designs, colors, most of which are butter-soft, all of which are lined.

I only have two pocketbooks currently, both from there. They usually last at least 10 years each, and average less than $150; most of them are under $100, and a huge selection of those, are under $75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
4,058 posts, read 8,590,038 times
Reputation: 2318
Banana Republic has made some really nice leather bags, I haven't checked out what they have right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
 
1,809 posts, read 4,599,415 times
Reputation: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
For a good leather bag at a reasonable price, Coach is your best bet. Check out the Coach outlet.
For me, Coach's $400 range is steep because I'm retired. I was thinking more in the $100 and under range. Doubt there are any Coach outlets even within 3 hour driving distance but good suggestion and will check their website, too. I owned a few Coah handbags eons ago when I was working and never regretted spending the money on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
4,058 posts, read 8,590,038 times
Reputation: 2318
If you aren't concerned with having this year's handbag, ebay has a huge collection of designer bags. I've bought two on there and both were legit. I don't ever buy things on ebay from another country just to be safe, except for a couple of decorations from England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:22 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,426,352 times
Reputation: 32248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I get my pocketbooks at a specialty booth in the Ft. Lauderdale/Sunrise area of Florida. There's a permanent structure that houses long-term booths, I think it's called the Sunrise Flea Market? Most of the vendors have been there for years, it's not the type of flea market where some guy brings all the crap from his garage. They have everything from wig shops to boutique clothes, a farmer's market section with fresh produce and a butcher and deli-made specialty knishes, and this one particular pocketbook booth, that features all leather handbags of various sizes, shapes, designs, colors, most of which are butter-soft, all of which are lined.
Sounds like my kind of shopping. I would rather go to a place like that then any store in a mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:27 PM
 
1,809 posts, read 4,599,415 times
Reputation: 1529
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
If you aren't concerned with having this year's handbag, ebay has a huge collection of designer bags. I've bought two on there and both were legit. I don't ever buy things on ebay from another country just to be safe, except for a couple of decorations from England.

Yes, I shop on eBay and, in fact, have likely viewed all the leather handbags in the color and style I'm seeking Trouble is, the ones I like are the ones everyone else is bidding up but maybe I'll get lucky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Eastwood, Orlando FL
1,260 posts, read 1,372,888 times
Reputation: 1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
For me, Coach's $400 range is steep because I'm retired. I was thinking more in the $100 and under range. Doubt there are any Coach outlets even within 3 hour driving distance but good suggestion and will check their website, too. I owned a few Coah handbags eons ago when I was working and never regretted spending the money on them.
I got a really nice Coach bag for around 200, so there are cheaper ones. I don't know if you have any military connections, but they can be purchased at a discount from the Exchange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2011, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 77,258,315 times
Reputation: 22814
TJ Maxx carries quite a few nice leather designer bags in the $100-200 range. Not sure which states have it, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top