Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,457,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
lol big booty is not a "black" thing, i got a big one, i have a friend who is italian and she has a huge one as well, but I agree we see more and more butt enhancements .
This woman (Sara Baartman) was placed in a circus because of her butt. This is the type of butt that I was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
This woman (Sara Baartman) was placed in a circus because of her butt. This is the type of butt that I was talking about.
That makes me sort of sad. Wonder what kind of ridicule she went through for something she had no control over. Circus??? Are you kidding me

I thought the caste system from my country was the worst but this tops it

And I think the same kind of people have evolved today and are telling people what is right with a body and what is not.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:01 AM

236 posts, read 859,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
skinny-bone with ripped muscles all over...and an overall masculine body, i would say yeah.
Women were not designed to look that way. Femaleness is slightly soft and round and curvy; and no, that doesn't have to mean "fat".
female body is "marylin monroe body", not "demi moore body" or "madonna body".

women naturally have more fat and less muscle on them than men do. Yet cultural standards have been telling everyone that beautiful women now have to be "muscular", "tight" and "fit", pretty much like men are, just a few notches down, maybe. So now most have to do tons of leisurely exercising to get to that cultural ideal.

This is cultural bs, it is not nature.
bs!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
Quote:
Skinny-bone with ripped muscles all over...and an overall masculine body, I would say yeah.
Women were not designed to look that way. Femaleness is slightly soft and round and curvy; and no, that doesn't have to mean "fat".
Female body is "Marylin Monroe body", not "Demi Moore body" or "Madonna body".

Women naturally have more fat and less muscle on them than men do. Yet cultural standards have been telling everyone that beautiful women now have to be "muscular", "tight" and "fit", pretty much like men are, just a few notches down, maybe. So now most have to do tons of leisurely exercising to get to that cultural ideal.

This is cultural BS, it is not nature.
AGREE! Repd ya!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Skinny-bone with ripped muscles all over...and an overall masculine body, I would say yeah.
Female body is "Marylin Monroe body", not "Demi Moore body" or "Madonna body".

Women naturally have more fat and less muscle on them than men do. Yet cultural standards have been telling everyone that beautiful women now have to be "muscular", "tight" and "fit", pretty much like men are, just a few notches down, maybe. So now most have to do tons of leisurely exercising to get to that cultural ideal.

This is cultural BS, it is not nature.
And one more thing, in my extensive travels around the world, I see this fitness and muscle craze in women only in mainland America.

Indians, Arabs and general Eastern women are some of the prettiest on the planet, and let's not forget Russian and central Asian women, nobody is that hung up on getting fit and muscular. They would laugh at being athletic and toned, becoz they are not being fed the same garbage from their popular media in their countries.

And that is what makes the difference in the US. The immense cultural pressure of getting rid of any iota of fat left in the female body. I can sometimes empathize with the ladies here, foreign women do not have to deal with this pressure on a daily basis.

An Arab guy was telling me once about how gyms are rare in Saudi and Dubai and have only started to spring up now, owing to western business influx, the general lifestyle of people is completely different, they do not need a gym.

And an extremely funnier example is that.... yoga was born in India and it's NEVER been widely practiced in India at all among the younger generation, except the low and middle schools where kids are put thru yoga for health's sake. Even if people practice is it, it's solely for religious purposes and in some cases better health to fight diabetes and other body ailments. But take a trip to your nearest yoga class in any American city - packed with women (so packed that it's outrageously hilarious), simply packed and it just awes us, Indians, who grew up with yoga in schools, some of us stand back, mouths agape and shaking our heads. I once showed it to my mom who visited the states and she was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaat"

I am not even sure who sold these people the idea that yoga is supposed to make you awesome. Somebody is laughing all the way to the bank I am somewhat glad a central aspect of Indian culture has been embraced in a foreign country however, but seriously... beyond a point, it's laughable.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
I DO hope you're kidding. I realize you're young....high school? so about 17 or so? regardless, you're old enough to know better. it's comments like those that make people feel horrible about themselves - especially when it's over something they cannot control. how immature.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Marilyn Monroe and Demi Moore and Madonna are all women with women's bodies. The sooner we quit categorizing ONE specific look at acceptably womanly and get real about the fact that women come in as many different sizes and shapes as men do, the better.
Madonna and Demi Moore do not have those bodies naturally. MM did.
They worked the living lights out of it to make it look that way. Why is this necessary, may I ask?

Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I have alot of muscle, been lifting heavy for along time. I am now cutting the muscle up and getting ripped and alot of defination. I have never had so many men look at me and ask me out in my whole life!!! This is total bs, curve is one thing but men do love muscle with a feminine face. The key is to not get that ugly female steriod face!!!
O course they do. This is the trophy look of the century because men have been brainwashed by mass-media to like and showcase THIS type of mate off to the world.

As Bil Maher once very wisely said:

"I F**ck what they give me!".

Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Madonna and Demi Moore do not have those bodies naturally. They worked the living lights out of it to make it look that way. Why is this necessary, may I ask?
Nobody says this about guys who work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty