U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,173,758 times
Default Would mini skirt be acceptable for children's TV show?

When I was a boy in the 70s one of my favorite shows was "New Zoo Revue". Co-host Emmy-Jo wore mini-skits and go go boots. My question is would it be acceptable today for a woman to wear mini skirts on childrens TV?. Or would there be an uproar. Would parents call her a "****" If so, this is proof that not only have we moved backwards but that ISLAM is having a huge influence on American culture and fashion. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 AM

8,057 posts, read 16,076,636 times
I Didnt think it was Ok back in the 1970! So NO!!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 AM

12,980 posts, read 17,741,854 times
Nothing wrong with it at all. Had to go back and take a look at it though. Nothing wrong with her or what she is wearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE1ctCtjzoA

Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 AM

10,700 posts, read 5,482,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
When I was a boy in the 70s one of my favorite shows was "New Zoo Revue". Co-host Emmy-Jo wore mini-skits and go go boots. My question is would it be acceptable today for a woman to wear mini skirts on childrens TV?. Or would there be an uproar. Would parents call her a "****" If so, this is proof that not only have we moved backwards but that ISLAM is having a huge influence on American culture and fashion. Very sad.
Or! conservatism..

There is a show here were fathers were happy to sit with their kids and watch as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Ue9...eature=related

Didn't take long for the mums to figure out why

Old 03-27-2011, 03:04 AM

35,926 posts, read 54,721,357 times
Ask Katy Perry what is acceptable attire for a children's show.

I saw her Sesame Street bit on Youtube and I could not for the life of me figure out what the controversy is.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 AM

7,010 posts, read 5,971,273 times
If you have a nice body, a mini skirt is always acceptable.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 AM

847 posts, read 412,728 times
Islam has nothing to do with this! Good night, its a CHILDRENS show why ruin it with adult sexual undertones? A mini skirt/go-go boots has but one purpose and its not to help children! This is but another symptom of our sick society. If women want to dress in a manner like this take it to a adult program. This is a no-brainer.........

Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM

4,768 posts, read 3,338,962 times
I don't think I have every seen an unattractive woman in any kids' shows (unless her character calls for her to be a caricature, the big women are either mean or especially jolly). I watch the Disney channel quite a bit with my three year old daughter and while none of them wear anything racy, they do show a tiny bit of cleavage or leg every so often - but that's the way people dress in public, so it would be weird to cover all the women in ankle length skirts and dress them like the Amish or something. A mini skirt and go-go boots would probably be over the top and I'm sure Disney would have the woman wear tights as well.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM

21,052 posts, read 11,546,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
A mini skirt and go-go boots would probably be over the top and I'm sure Disney would have the woman wear tights as well.
Disney goes with the flow. In TV and at their parks.

In the late 60's (when it was the height of fashion) Disneyland had employees (excuse me, Cast Members) in go-go boots and mini skirts as their costumes. Come to think of it the Plaids (tour guides) wore mini skirts and carried whips.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM

2,320 posts, read 3,711,930 times
Oh my gosh, New Zoo Review!! Life was so much simpler then-- none of this makeup for 8 year olds and Botox on tweens etc. But no in general I think there should be modest dress on children's shows-- classy, professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty