Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:54 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Desert View Post
Yes, Colorstay does having staying power but as you've mentioned it is very thick.
I like Tarte's recreate foundation. I use it when I need lasting but full coverage. If you're looking for lasting but light/medium coverage I'd recommend L'Oreal true match foundation.
I have recently been reading about a foundation that is similar to Revlon CS, Face Atelier Ultra.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...ation/0/Liquid

FACE atelier Cosmetics

You can buy a sample from a website called White Rabbit:
FACE atelier Cruelty-Free Cosmetics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Probably depends on your skin and your location (humid vs dry climate)....I think that Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation is very light....
I have oily skin. I live in North Carolina which is humid and hot in the summer.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:27 AM

247 posts, read 498,524 times
i just use my normal foundation [ rimmel 25 hour ] and mix it with lotion to make tinted moisturizer. if i dont feel like doing that i just put concealer on the places that need it. i live in the south and its super humid where i live, most of the time i rarely wear makeup during the summer anyways....unless im going out for the night.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:07 AM

250 posts, read 911,020 times
If you're open to another option I'd suggest elta md sunscreen with tint. Since I started using it I no longer need a foundation at all. It covers so well, definitely enough tint to make a big differenece before/after application (I've used other moisture/lotion tints that seem to disappear after you apply them, NOT this one). After I put on the sunscreen (which is quite matte, stays, and definitely evens out skin tone), I use a light dust of bare mineral foundation (just a light dust to hold it). That is it. Very easy, feels light yet covers all the imperfections. I have found I have needed less concealer too this way. It covers what I would have covered using a concealer alone.
Just another thought.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I agree with the ladies who wear minimal makeup in the summer. I'll wear something on my eyes and lips, but a little bit of concealer and some mineral finishing powder is all I can use in the summer because of the humidity. One thing I'll say about the humid summers ... yes, the humidity makes for hot and sweaty days, but my skin looks great! My complexion is clear and healthy-looking, much more than when we lived in (dry) California or (drier) Colorado. Let your skin breathe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty