U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,687,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I agree with you 100%...the published reports on what damage is done after years of wearing bras is important. Just because we have been conditioned to conform (wear bras) to appease others' does not mean we can't wake up & take a stand. I hope that you just get the confidence to not care what other people's opinions are about this- be comfortable, & be healthy.
The same can be said for the people who were conditioned by the "anti-establishment" to reject common sense in favor of political agendas. It doesn't mean you can't wake up and take a stand. I hope that you just get the confidence to not care what the uninformed quasi-feminists' opinions are about this - be comfortable, and be healthy. That's why I *do* wear a bra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:19 AM

5,547 posts, read 8,304,076 times
Well, I hate them too. Only I come from the other end of the spectrum - teeny tiny who got an augmentation to a C. At times I wish I'd gone to a D. At any rate, when I was small, I could run without a bra and it was great. Now of course that isn't the case. But I still hate bras and avoid them at all costs. I spend a lot of time in a sports bra if I can get away with it or nothing at all when I am at home. I'd really just like to find a sports bra with skinny straps in the right place so I can dispense with traditional bras altogether. I don't care if it makes me look like the uniboober. It's all about comfort to me.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,493,999 times
I've always hated them, I've even done the Nordstroms fitting thing decades ago and they gave up, I'm tall, with a narrow rib cage, wide shoulders, low riders in a C/D. I did find one brand that was doable at walmart of all places, all cotton with a little spandex in the cup, wide straps, but of course they quite making them.

The first thing that comes off when I hit the door is my shoes (hard to fit feet too) and the second is my bra!

I also hate nylons/pantie hose and quite wearing them decades ago...pants suits only for me.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 AM

400 posts, read 936,718 times
Default my problem is the opposite

What about those who are small-busted? I didn't have any breasts at all until I became overweight! Although my torso is larger "around" now, my breasts are still technically an A, although there are no bras made that are 40A. I buy a B cup to fit around me, but there is still space inside the cups! I HAVE to wear a bra, or I would look like a boy with large hips!
On the other hand, I realize I am fortunate in that it's unlikely I will ever have upper back problems.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
What about those who are small-busted? I didn't have any breasts at all until I became overweight! Although my torso is larger "around" now, my breasts are still technically an A, although there are no bras made that are 40A. I buy a B cup to fit around me, but there is still space inside the cups! I HAVE to wear a bra, or I would look like a boy with large hips!
On the other hand, I realize I am fortunate in that it's unlikely I will ever have upper back problems.
Being overweight can lead to back problems, upper and lower. And knee problems. And hip problems. And foot problems. Heart, kidney, etc. etc. etc. Depends on how overweight you are, and where you're carrying the excess, how you're eating, what you're eating, blah blah blah.

Whether or not you have big boobs won't have nearly as much affect on your back as being overweight can have.

You -can- buy padded A bras, or even buy forms; they're made for mastectomy patients and crossdressers. Bare Necessities carries A cups in a 40 back size, and you can do a google search for breast forms.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:50 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,961,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The same can be said for the people who were conditioned by the "anti-establishment" to reject common sense in favor of political agendas. It doesn't mean you can't wake up and take a stand. I hope that you just get the confidence to not care what the uninformed quasi-feminists' opinions are about this - be comfortable, and be healthy. That's why I *do* wear a bra.
Lmao...whatever

Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM

5,706 posts, read 7,900,433 times
[quote=fleetiebelle;jump rope without one and tell me how that works out for you.[/quote]

Two black eyes if you're big busted.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,304,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I feel ya. I remember when I was like a AA. Still don't remember how I dealt with that, as it's been so many years since I had the augmentation. People can criticize it all they want, but it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I just didn't look right in clothes and it did not do much for my self-esteem. Now, this is just me. Maybe other people have no problem with it. I think it's the Cs who go to DDDs that should be the focus of criticism, as I just think I was just correcting what nature screwed up.

What I think is unfair is that they do not make bras for those who have larger middle sections (like 38 or 40) and then A or even B cups in the larger sizes. They assume if you are a 40 you must at least be a C or higher.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM

29,635 posts, read 31,965,462 times
Hate them hate them hate them. I have been fitted, I know my size, I still develop rashes where the fabric is underneath. I have very sensitive skin. I'm in my 50's now and around the house I either wear loose sweatshirts that allow me to do without around my son and his friends, or use a sports bra (thats what Im wearing now). I don't care about how my boobs look in clothes anymore or if the sports t-backs show at the neckline and give me a uniboob. I don't and won't ever care again. But I do have the regular support bras that I pull out when I'm going to be out or somewhere with a bunch of people.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I feel ya. I remember when I was like a AA. Still don't remember how I dealt with that, as it's been so many years since I had the augmentation. People can criticize it all they want, but it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I just didn't look right in clothes and it did not do much for my self-esteem. Now, this is just me. Maybe other people have no problem with it. I think it's the Cs who go to DDDs that should be the focus of criticism, as I just think I was just correcting what nature screwed up.

What I think is unfair is that they do not make bras for those who have larger middle sections (like 38 or 40) and then A or even B cups in the larger sizes. They assume if you are a 40 you must at least be a C or higher.
"They" DO make bras in 38-40 with A and B cups. Depending on who "they" is of course. There are bra manufacturers that specialize in plus-size lingerie, and they're the ones you need to look for. 38B isn't all that uncommon though, I'm pretty sure even Olga and Warners make those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty