Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 03:29 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,939,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Practice. My husband can get me out of my bra in 20 seconds with just a thumb and two fingers. And my bra has FOUR hooks and eyes on the back.
20 seconds...way to long. I pull the cups down, let them babies pop out and start feasting within 3.2 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 04:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,382,540 times
Thank you i love you too. Hate them with a passion, you have no idea how hard it is yes you guys do, when your very large busted. Why the hek do i bother, i stick out on the sides anyways, they are uncomfortable as hek, hurt my back, my shoulders, and don't hold me in.

I recently found out my true size getting fitted by a real bra speciality store, well i found out that my actual size is a 42 dd which for my height of only 5"4 is pretty big considering my waist is only 26". Hate hate hate hate bras so very much. Even though i now have the correct bra, which by the way your true bra size when fitted properly, does make a difference, now i look evern larger, cause i have a bra the finally holds me up. But i have to say, even with this more comfortable fitting bra, that holds me up, i still hate the things. Good thing for me, is that i don't hang down to my knees, still pretty firm, i understand from the bra lady i am pretty lucky.

If anyone knows of a larger bra speciality store online please let me know, my bras just to get the right size and to hold me up, they cost a little fortune, which i hate spending on a bra. Around the house i won't wear a bra a lot of the time, without one going out, men are men!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,707,572 times
I think it would be wonderful to be a woman with C cup breasts. I have worn bras all day too when I crossdressed with my C cup forms and I don't feel uncomfortable. But I buy beautiful and somewhat expensive bra & panty sets, - like Wacoal or Felina. I spend $38 to $62 on expensive bras, but sometimes I buy nice cheap ones like Liz Clairborne too and they feel ok.

I can see where you hate bras if your boobs are too big. Maybe thats where the problem lies.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM

9,001 posts, read 10,139,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
bras do get in the way when im trying to get down to business.
Love it Lol that's another fantastic reason to be bra free ladies

Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,000,618 times
I have yet to find a shelf-bra/camisole type of thing that gives my DD's anything other than "uniboob". If I could find one, I might wear it around the house... but I'd feel nekkid going out in public without a proper bra. And sports bras are great for yoga/running/working out but worn any other time they make me feel hot - and not in a sexy way!

Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,000,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think it would be wonderful to be a woman with C cup breasts. I have worn bras all day too when I crossdressed with my C cup forms and I don't feel uncomfortable. But I buy beautiful and somewhat expensive bra & panty sets, - like Wacoal or Felina. I spend $38 to $62 on expensive bras, but sometimes I buy nice cheap ones like Liz Clairborne too and they feel ok.

I can see where you hate bras if your boobs are too big. Maybe thats where the problem lies.
You're probably right! I miss my C-cup days... though my husband doesn't agree... he doesn't understand why women - myself included - ever consider breast reduction surgery.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,108,289 times
There are several online retailers out there that specialize in bras:

figleaves.com
herroom.com
barenecessities.com
bravissimo.com (UK-based)

Nordstrom is also great for finding bras in a large variety of sizes. And Lane Bryant has a number of bras in larger band sizes.

Definitely get fitted at a retailer that specializes in selling a large variety of band sizes and cup sizes. Places like Victoria's Secret just concentrate on getting you into their bras, which are only offered in a very narrow range of sizes; they also adhere to that antiquated method of adding 4-5" to your band size.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,639,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I've always been extremely uncomfortable in bras- feels like a torture device I just can't wear them-Any suggestions on how to give the ladies a lift without a bra? Or if there's a bra that has no straps & can actually stay put, let me know where to get it... Thanks
Yes, I have always hated them. You know a man created that torture device. I only wear it when I leave the house, well not always, only if I'm going into a public place. When I was younger and perkier, I went braless always.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,400,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Yes, I have always hated them. You know a man created that torture device. I only wear it when I leave the house, well not always, only if I'm going into a public place. When I was younger and perkier, I went braless always.
If you don't like wearing a bra, then don't. If it's a torture device, it's a voluntary one. Every woman who leaves the bra off makes it easier for other women to do the same.

However, I am going to sue you for libel, on behalf of the male gender. Read about Mary Phelps Jacob:
Caresse Crosby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to "Patent for the brassiere" and you'll see she's the one you need to curse. It's funny how women say "A man must have invented this damn thing" when it's so easy to find out that a man didn't.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,656,808 times
Actually, she was only the first person to patent a bra design. She wasn't the inventor of bras. The modern bra was invented by a different woman: Herminie Cadolle, around 1890. The patent for Jacobs' bra was issued in the early 1900's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty