U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 AM

114 posts, read 162,650 times

Advertisements

In the spring of 2010, I got a pair of To Boot New York shoes. I didn't wear them much in the summer and then wore them about twice (max) per week last fall. By around November, I noticed that part of the leather near the toe was torn. I had no idea how it happened since I could not recall scraping my shoes. Very shortly thereafter, more parts of the leather were torn/peeling, and I got really angry since I had been extra careful not to have anything bad happen to the shoes. I am too self-conscious to wear them anymore, and I estimate that I only wore them about 30 days at the most.

I had picked them out since they were better-looking (to me) than almost anything available in Chicago. People at Nordstrom had said they were one of the better quality shoes, and they were made in Italy. I am curious to know what happened to them, if there is a way to "repair" them (I have tried to attach a photo... will see if it works), and if this is a freak thing or if it's a sign that I shouldn't get shoes from that company anymore. I'm currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, so my shoe options are not vast, but I also would appreciate feedback about which shoes are most durable. I am not willing to buy shoes whose style is unappealing (Allen Edmonds, for example- I read a lot about how long-lasting they are, but they're not European/Middle Eastern/sharp-looking enough for me), but I would certainly rather buy a stylish pair that may last twice as long as another stylish pair if the prices are not too different.

This might be impossible to do, but if someone could write an estimate of price: years of durability, it would be good to know so I don't waste money on shoes that are overpriced or undersell not-the-most-expensive-shoes that are actually quite durable.

I hope I've been clear and I thank you in advance for any feedback .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 5,037 times
You can take the shoes to special shoemaker. Next time choosing shoes you would want to be sure that the fabric can adapt perfectly in which the shoe will be worn. Leather is durable and stable. Alicepub is a top designer who can creates handmade to wear.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:15 PM

13,858 posts, read 12,710,422 times
To OP;
Beware of Italian-made shoes.
Often the nice-looking, supple leather they are made of, is too thin to last longer then...
I hope you've got the point.
Probably look for something made in Spain instead ( if you can find something stylish.)

Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM

56 posts, read 110,199 times
Shoes play an important role in someone’s dressing. I used to wear shoes and accessories according to my dress. Shoes must be of fine quality as it is difficult to deal with uncomfortable shoes for whole day.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM

3,111 posts, read 6,774,770 times
I have 2 pairs of shoes by To Boot, and they are great! I love the style. Why can't you get the shoe repaired?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM

114 posts, read 162,650 times
I can try to get the shoes repaired, of course. I don't see how the "tears" happened in the first place, though. Have your To Boots been good for you?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:02 PM

3,111 posts, read 6,774,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creo View Post
I can try to get the shoes repaired, of course. I don't see how the "tears" happened in the first place, though. Have your To Boots been good for you?
I have had no problems with either pair, but if I did, I think I would be a bit upset, as they were expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty