Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I use the deodorant crystal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The deodorant crystal is probably the best bet
Yeah, after quite a bit of research, I also settled on Crystal (the clear roll-on).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,470,397 times
I use the crystal deodorant in the liquid spray bottle. I think it was $3 and some change at Whole Foods. I like it because it works all day, doesn't stain the underarms of my clothes, dries up quickly, and it scentless. Strong perfume scents always makes me sneeze and gag, especially the scent of regular deodorants. The crystal deodorant keeps me from having the nasal congestion and sneezes that I get with other products.

*edit*
How is the roll on? Is it cleaner/less messy than the spray? I didn't get it because it was $1 more at the store.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 PM

7,708 posts, read 12,556,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
switching to an organic deodorant/antipersperant.........looking for any suggestions........thanks
When I run out of deodorant and I haven't came upon the money to buy a new one, I break out my old spray bottle. Fill it with lemon juice, and spray the pits. I softly dry them with a towel while letting the lemon juice saturate everywhere underneath my arm. And voila! Natural deodorant! It works better than regular deodorant. It kills the smell and last for days and also kills bacteria in your armpits.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,033,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, after quite a bit of research, I also settled on Crystal (the clear roll-on).
What is the clear part? They all have something that is not organic in them.

busta

Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,033,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
When I run out of deodorant and I haven't came upon the money to buy a new one, I break out my old spray bottle. Fill it with lemon juice, and spray the pits. I softly dry them with a towel while letting the lemon juice saturate everywhere underneath my arm. And voila! Natural deodorant! It works better than regular deodorant. It kills the smell and last for days and also kills bacteria in your armpits.

You're kidding right? I bet you smell like lemon funk.

busta

Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,558,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I use the crystal deodorant in the liquid spray bottle. I think it was $3 and some change at Whole Foods. I like it because it works all day, doesn't stain the underarms of my clothes, dries up quickly, and it scentless. Strong perfume scents always makes me sneeze and gag, especially the scent of regular deodorants. The crystal deodorant keeps me from having the nasal congestion and sneezes that I get with other products.

*edit*
How is the roll on? Is it cleaner/less messy than the spray? I didn't get it because it was $1 more at the store.
Both hubby and I use the crystal deodorant in the actual stone form. You wet it and rub in on... or use it whilst you are still wet from the shower. I haven't looked for it here because I bought a box before we moved from Asia as I didn't want to be without it. I am sure you can buy it online or in healthfood shops. Its also good if you travel with only hand luggage because its not a liquid !!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,653,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Uh, the natural fructose and citric acid in lemon juice is likely to create MORE bacteria, and cause infection.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,653,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What is the clear part? They all have something that is not organic in them.

busta
The clear part is ammonium alum, which is a naturally-growing crystal. It's harvested after growing, then cut and shaped into whatever form they want it to fit, then fitted and sold. Moisture disintegrates it, which is why you apply it to wet armpits. That's how you get it -from- the crystal -to- your skin.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,700,727 times
I use Toms deodorant. Very mild smell and it's organic.

Natural Personal Care Products | Tom's of Maine Home

Old 05-03-2011, 02:28 PM

7,708 posts, read 12,556,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Uh, the natural fructose and citric acid in lemon juice is likely to create MORE bacteria, and cause infection.
Actually, it's the exact opposite. I urge you to look it up on google if you don't believe me. Lemon juice is a completely natural deodorant and soap. This is what people used when they didn't have deodorant or powders. And it's been working for me and many other people for years. Not only does it last longer than any crystals or regular deodorant bar and kills the bacteria, but it also lightens it back to your natural skin tone. All the darkening under most people's arms are caused from the sweat and deodorant chemicals used. I can't believe some people are actually clueless about this. Lemon juice has been used for generations as an alternative to deodorant. If you think lemons are only good for lemon juice, then you've been missing out on all the things a lemon can truly do. Lemons are used as a soap, skin lightener, hair bleach, air deodorizer, body deodorizer, cleaner, cleanser, medicine for the flu, stuffy noses, heals several eye infections like red-eye, and cures bluriness of the eyes.

Last edited by allenk893; 05-03-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty