Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 01:15 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I do not believe any woman goes through the major surgery of breast reduction out of peer pressure
And I think I do know a couple. But I can't get them to sign an affidavit or even openly admit it so it really doesn't matter. I can tell they arent happy though. With so many body image issues and the constant bombardment women take for not being a certain size or shape or be "normal." I don't see how you can't even entertain the idea. There is so much evidence in our lives of people doing lots of crazy expensive and painful things to their bodies to fit in, be normal or be beautiful.

Quote:
if you are a man you can't know what it feels like to carry them around, breasts are not all fun, even women who like them generally like the looks, not the way it physically feels having them. Even the best bra is uncomfortable after a few hours. Breasts often hurt quite a bit a few days of the month. There is plenty not to like, it doesn't surprise me at all that a very large breasted woman might want to get a reduction, I imagine they feel much more free and comfortable afterwards.
I can't know but I have a wife whom I love dearly and I do every thing I can to make sure she is happy and comfortable and she doesn't have the problems you are saying are common to large breasted women.

Quote:
I don't really understand the point of the "boob fairy," women have what they have, the only change is permanent surgery.
Well then with all due respect this thread isn't for you and you don't have to participate. The OP outlined the premise of getting larger boobs through some sort of magical means.

Quote:
My fiancee' has no interest in large breasts, he has said so, and the women he likes are always around my size, or even smaller as he tends to go for the athletic type like myself. We are confident people, so we are very open with talking about crushes, and saying who we think is hot, he doesn't go for large breasted woman, it's just not his thing. There is nothing wrong with large breasted women, but just as everyone looks different, everyone likes something different. If we all looked the same, life would be so boring. Large, small whatever, all breasts are beautiful.
Well good for you. I'm glad you two are happy. However I don't see how posing the question of would you try them implies that I am saying you aren't happy with the way you look now or that you aren't in a fulfilling relationship. But as I am finding out, apparently it does.

Last edited by Tourian; 05-11-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
And I think I do know a couple. But I can't get them to sign an affidavit or even openly admit it so it really doesn't matter. I can tell they arent happy though. With so many body image issues and the constant bombardment women take for not being a certain size or shape or be "normal." I don't see how you can't even entertain the idea. There is so much evidence in our lives of people doing lots of crazy expensive and painful things to their bodies to fit in, be normal or be beautiful.

I can't know but I have a wife whom I love dearly and I do every thing I can to make sure she is happy and comfortable and she doesn't have the problems you are saying are common to large breasted women.

Well then with all due respect this thread isn't for you and you don't have to participate. The OP outlined the premise of getting larger boobs through some sort of magical means.

Well good for you. I'm glad you two are happy. However I don't see how posing the question of would you try them implies that I am saying you aren't happy with the way you look now or that you aren't in a fulfilling relationship. But as I am finding out, apparently it does.
Large breasts are much more praised than smaller breasts, I don't believe many women get breast reductions because their friends teased them, it's much more common to tease the flat chested friends. My whole life I have had friends of all sizes and it's almost always the small chested who gets the ribbing or told "that dress doesn't work on you" Any woman who has surgery, either implants or reduction because they are teased by their friends has bigger problems and will likely not be happy after surgery, I was saying they need new friends, not surgery. My friends don't make me feel bad about myself, that's not a real friend, if someone makes you feel bad, get a friend reduction.

If a few women here are saying negative things about large breasted women, it's probably because they have gotten crap their whole lives for being small. Teasing the small chested is much more common and acceptable. Someone even posted that small breasted women are genetically inferior. Responding to negativity with more negativity is never the right answer, but that's likely where it's coming from if people are being truly negative about large breasts, and not just saying they simply prefer small breasts.

I never said any problems were common to large breasted women, I pointed how breasts feel to me, and being a woman I know more about how they feel than a man possibly could, even I only know so much because every woman feels differently.

Some men just seem obsessed with them, and the idea that ALL women must want large breasts unless there is something wrong with them, I am posting here because that is a false assumption. If I could magically have a penis for a day, or even a tail, I'd do it, just to feel something different, having large breasts would be the same thing, not something I secretly want, just something new to try. I genuinely wish my breasts were somewhat smaller because of my athletics, and my bra hatred. I also find small breasts very sexy.

I pointed out that my fiancee' isn't interested in large breasts to make the point that many men feel that way, many men prefer smaller breasts. I pointed that out because our society often makes women feel they aren't womanly, or sexy if they have small breasts, and like them that way. Women don't need to change themselves, there will always be plenty of men who will love their looks, whatever size their breasts are there are men who find that size perfect. The simple fact is that all women trying to fit into the same mold hurts the diversity of human life, women come in all shapes and sizes, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited by detshen; 05-11-2011 at 02:54 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
The breast genie grows impatient...................

Old 05-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Large breasts are much more praised than smaller breasts, I don't believe many women get breast reductions because their friends teased them, it's much more common to tease the flat chested friends. My whole life I have had friends of all sizes and it's almost always the small chested who gets the ribbing or told "that dress doesn't work on you" Any woman who has surgery, either implants or reduction because they are teased by their friends has bigger problems and will likely not be happy after surgery, I was saying they need new friends, not surgery. My friends don't make me feel bad about myself, that's not a friend, get a friend reduction.
I don't see what bringing up flat chested women has to do with it. Big breasted women who get reductions don't go down to nothing. They go down to b c or maybe d - not AA. Talking about flat chested women being teased isn't a counterpoint to what I am saying but reinforcing it. A flat woman getting small implants to have bs or c's is the exact same thing as getting a reduction to try to fit some sort of perceived standard of beauty.

Quote:
If a few women here are saying negative things about large breasted women, it's probably because they have gotten crap their whole lives for being small. Teasing the small chested is much more common and acceptable. Someone even posted that small breasted women are genetically inferior. Responding to negativity with more negativity is never the right answer, but that's likely where it's coming from if people are being truly negative about large breasts, and not just saying they simply prefer small breasts.
I agree.

Quote:
I never said any problems were common to large breasted women, I pointed how breasts feel to me, and being a woman I know more about how they feel than a man possibly could, even I only know so much because every woman feels differently.
Which is why I told you that bit about my wife. It sounded to me like you were pontificating on behalf of all women.

Quote:
Some men just seem obsessed with them, and the idea that ALL women must want large breasts unless there is something wrong with them, I am posting here because that is a false assumption. If I could magically have a penis for a day, or even a tail, I'd do it, just to feel something different, having large breasts would be the same thing, not something I secretly want, just something new to try. I genuinely wish my breasts were somewhat smaller because of my athletics, and my bra hatred. I also find small breasts very sexy.
I dont like the way you use the word obsession. It has negative connotations and it implies a deviant behavior or mindset in my opinion. If a woman only likes tall men that's just her prerogative but if man likes big chests or big butts it is an obsession. I wonder if the athletic build genie were to visit every curvy, thick, voluptuous or heavy woman and was turned down would you defend or feel the same way. The point is and always has been would or wouldn't you. There was never any judgement to be passed upon those who say yes.

Quote:
I pointed out that my fiancee' isn't interested in large breasts to make the point that many men feel that way, many men prefer smaller breasts. I pointed that out because our society often makes women feel they aren't womanly, or sexy if they have small breasts, and like them that way. Women don't need to change themselves, there will always be plenty of men who will love their looks, whatever size their breasts are there are men who find that size perfect. The simple fact is that all women trying to fit into the same mold hurts the diversity of human life, women come in all shapes and sizes, that's the way it's supposed to be.
The fairy and the plastic surgeons have different sizes available. People are and will always be different shapes and sizes nothing will change that. I do realize there are men who prefer smaller ones, but that still isn't the point. Would you do it just for you?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I don't see what bringing up flat chested women has to do with it. Big breasted women who get reductions don't go down to nothing. They go down to b c or maybe d - not AA. Talking about flat chested women being teased isn't a counterpoint to what I am saying but reinforcing it. A flat woman getting small implants to have bs or c's is the exact same thing as getting a reduction to try to fit some sort of perceived standard of beauty.

Flat is just a word women use for small, it doesn't mean actually flat at all, it could be far from flat, it's just how many women talk. Didn't you read the rest of the paragraph, my whole point was that any woman who has either surgery because someone teased them wouldn't be likely to be happy afterward, their issues would have to be much deeper than the size of their chest to have surgery because they were teased. A healthy confident woman is not so easily influenced by the opinions of others.

I agree.

Which is why I told you that bit about my wife. It sounded to me like you were pontificating on behalf of all women.

Nope just stating how they feel to me, and what women who have had reductions tell me. I'm a medical professional who worked with pain issues so I hear quite a bit about reductions and how they make the women I treat feel. I hear words like freedom and comfort all the time, I combined that with my own physical feelings in my response.

I dont like the way you use the word obsession. It has negative connotations and it implies a deviant behavior or mindset in my opinion. If a woman only likes tall men that's just her prerogative but if man likes big chests or big butts it is an obsession. I wonder if the athletic build genie were to visit every curvy, thick, voluptuous or heavy woman and was turned down would you defend or feel the same way. The point is and always has been would or wouldn't you. There was never any judgement to be passed upon those who say yes.

It wasn't meant that way. If a woman were on here talking about how all men must want to be taller, and if they didn't it must mean they are asexual, or short men are genetically inferior, I would use the word obsessed. I'm responding in a general way, I never said YOU were obsessed, I have read most of the posts here.

The fairy and the plastic surgeons have different sizes available. People are and will always be different shapes and sizes nothing will change that. I do realize there are men who prefer smaller ones, but that still isn't the point. Would you do it just for you?
If I could magically have a penis for a day, or even a tail, I'd do it, just to feel something different, having large breasts would be the same thing, not something I secretly want, just something new to try, even then I wouldn't want a DDD unless to better understand my patients who have large breasts that cause them pain. I genuinely wish my breasts were somewhat smaller because of my athletics, and my bra hatred, that's what I would ask the boob fairy for, and I would want to make it permanent. I also find small breasts very sexy. Some women want bigger breasts, that's fine, I haven't criticized that, I only have concern that we are heading too much toward a single standard of beauty when the wanting goes as far as surgery.

Wouldn't a man choose to have breasts for a day just to see what it feels like if it were just normal, and no one would make fun of them, or think they are secretly transexual? It certainly wouldn't mean they want to keep them, or secretly longed to have them all along, but were just lying about it because they were filled with envy.

Just because I quote you doesn't mean I am replying to only you, or your posts, most of my replies are general to the whole thread.

Last edited by detshen; 05-11-2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM

I still say a woman getting a reduction is NOT going for the opposite extreme but for whatever her peers or her world deems normal or socially acceptable.

Okay so I don't see the point about telling me how your breasts feel to you and me being a man I can't understand. The genie promises no pain as per the OP.

Well I guess it goes to the chicken and egg thing regarding the word obsession. There have been more then a few posts which were ugly and demeaning. So my guard has been up. I have still mainly been trying to remove any sense of judgment from the root question. I don't personally feel like smaller breasted women are not or can not be attractive. And as far as wanting to experience what it is like to have something the opposite sex has, I think that's a different subject entirely.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM

i

Quote:
I still say a woman getting a reduction is NOT going for the opposite extreme but for whatever her peers or her world deems normal or socially acceptable.

I never said anyone was going for the opposite extreme, the people I know who have reductions go to a more physically comfortable size period, the physical issue is what pushes most women to the surgery, many women have reductions who loved their size, but had too much pain, or discomfort. It usually is much more of a medical treatment than a vanity issue. Some do hate their size, but that's not the most common reason in my experience, I see a lot more concern about losing size, than happiness about it.

Okay so I don't see the point about telling me how your breasts feel to you and me being a man I can't understand. The genie promises no pain as per the OP.

This thread has gone way beyond the genie to real women's breast sizes, into judgements and issues about breasts. In real life breasts have downsides as well as upsides. Nothing I said was meant as an attack on you.

Well I guess it goes to the chicken and egg thing regarding the word obsession. There have been more then a few posts which were ugly and demeaning. So my guard has been up. I have still mainly been trying to remove any sense of judgment from the root question. I don't personally feel like smaller breasted women are not or can not be attractive. And as far as wanting to experience what it is like to have something the opposite sex has, I think that's a different subject entirely.
I'm just pointing out that I'm adventurous, I'd do just about anything once to try it, trying larger breasts would have no deeper meaning than that for me. I've had many different haircolors, but I usually go back to my natural color. That be on the bottom of my list of things to ask a genie for, but if it were all she could do, why not try it if it's easily reversible? I'd love to experience new things, and other people's feelings, and lives for a day.

Last edited by detshen; 05-11-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Pamela Anderson wears a 36 band. I don't know her cup size (couldn't find it), but she seems to be about a DDD to me. Carmen Electra also wears a 36.

I'm starting to think you don't understand the difference between band size and cup size. If a woman's cup size goes up (C -> D -> DD -> DDD) while her band stays the same size, she isn't getting fatter.

Picture Carmen Electra. She wears a 36C. Now just inflate her breasts with your mind. There you go. Nobody looks at Carmen Electra or Pamela Anderson and thinks, wow, what a fat pig. (Yes, Pam Anderson's breasts are on the crazy-big side, which is why women are saying we don't want that.)

The fact that you believe 36DDDs look like Martin Lawrence's bizarre shemale costume indicates that you have no idea what women's measurements are. Please stop insisting the two are equal, because they're not.
I missed those posts when I was reading the thread, it's absolutely ridiculous, ignorant people should learn actual facts before posting. I'm 5'7" and wear a 36 band, I'm in shape, not fat at all.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:04 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
Quote:
If I could magically have a penis for a day, or even a tail, I'd do it, just to feel something different, having large breasts would be the same thing, not something I secretly want, just something new to try, even then I wouldn't want a DDD unless to better understand my patients who have large breasts that cause them pain. I genuinely wish my breasts were somewhat smaller because of my athletics, and my bra hatred, that's what I would ask the boob fairy for, and I would want to make it permanent. I also find small breasts very sexy. Some women want bigger breasts, that's fine, I haven't criticized that, I only have concern that we are heading too much toward a single standard of beauty when the wanting goes as far as surgery.

Wouldn't a man choose to have breasts for a day just to see what it feels like if it were just normal, and no one would make fun of them, or think they are secretly transexual? It certainly wouldn't mean they want to keep them, or secretly longed to have them all along, but were just lying about it because they were filled with envy.

Just because I quote you doesn't mean I am replying to only you, or your posts, most of my replies are general to the whole thread.
If you could have a ding-a-ling for a day....you might kill in order to keep it.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
If you could have a ding-a-ling for a day....you might kill in order to keep it.
No, I wouldn't. I live quite happily, and pleasurably with what God gave me, I wouldn't change that for more than a day, mostly I'd just like to try peeing with one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty