Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM

191 posts, read 357,294 times

Advertisements

I am a 19 year old male in college and working. I love my job but it requires me to dress up in a suit Mon - Thurs. We have casul Fridays which means we can wear jeans and a polo. This thread is all about five things...Dress Shirts, Dress Pants/Jeans ( European Fit) , suits, Cologne and shoes. I need to find stores that have the best deals! I am a college student so frugal is my middle name.

Stlye:

Dress Shirts: I lilke European Fit, I am 5'9 and skinny 156 pounds i love my build and want to have shirts that are slim fit

Dress Pants/Jeans: I like European fit dress pants i am tall and skinny and they look great on me Jeans: The darker the denim the better

Suits: Eurpean Fit is the best for me

Cologne: I want a fresh smell but seductive also

Shoes: BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS i need a good pair of dress boots, and then some brown & black slip ons

Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Well, I can't overly help you but my son does have an almost 6 ft build and he, too, looks better in European fit. He finds things at H&M; however, they are probably not dressy enough for the workplace. After that, you're probably looking at Nordstrom and, can we say, CHA-CHING!!!!

One thing I would urge you to do. Lay off the cologne at work. NO ONE appreciates it.

We have, out of say 10 younger guys in my office, maybe two that wear it and they are not spoken highly of behind their backs. Cologne is never good when you're stuck in an office, a carpool, a vanpool, or the Metro. Save it for your night out.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 AM

6,559 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Cologne is never good when you're stuck in an office, a carpool, a vanpool, or the Metro. Save it for your night out.

It can be especially overwhelming when three or four different scents collide.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks ChristineVA

I have actually bought dress pants at H&M recently and they fit perfectly needless to say i intend on going there more often! As far as Nordstrom i love there style also but feel that i will have to wait until AFTER i graduate college to buy things from there, there clothes are nice but dont come cheap! As for cologne very helpful tip! I once was reading a GQ Article that said that every man should have a signature scent, then on top of that they should change that scent each season?? I would HATE for people to be angry at me and understand that others have allergies etc. so i will save that for when i leave work . Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
It can be especially overwhelming when three or four different scents collide.

I actually know a friend who mixes girl cologne and male cologne He says it makes a perfect mix of a manly yet sweet smell, i can only imangine how overwhelming that must be for those who dont like colognes

Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM

430 posts, read 1,059,292 times
I think the big problem is a lot of guys put on too much cologne. I may have this wrong but i was thinking that the rule was that a lady should only smell it if she is super close to you. Like dancing or hugging. otherwise no one should smell it or maybe just get a tiny tiny whiff occasionally when you walk by.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM

6,559 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACollegeStudent View Post
I actually know a friend who mixes girl cologne and male cologne He says it makes a perfect mix of a manly yet sweet smell, i can only imangine how overwhelming that must be for those who dont like colognes
Very innovative. When someone asks "What's that cologne you're wearing?" he can honestly reply "It's my own special blend."

Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghett61 View Post
I think the big problem is a lot of guys put on too much cologne. I may have this wrong but i was thinking that the rule was that a lady should only smell it if she is super close to you. Like dancing or hugging. otherwise no one should smell it or maybe just get a tiny tiny whiff occasionally when you walk by.

Thats exactly what i am going for a tiny whiff when i walk by, i dont want to leave a room and my scent leaves 20 min. after thats not what i am going for, but when someone walk by you and smells good you want to follow that scent haha

Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Very innovative. When someone asks "What's that cologne you're wearing?" he can honestly reply "It's my own special blend."

Thats always a good thing, better to be orginial i say!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,416 times
I know in my office, jeans are never acceptable, even on casual Fridays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty