U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM

1,260 posts, read 4,557,416 times

Advertisements

I am a whitey too, but I use Doves Engegy glow for light
skin. It works nicely, after about 2 applications, I have a nice
color. Its not too orange,and I only use it on my legs. I am
happy to have some color on the white gams!

Greenchili
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 03:19 PM

10,390 posts, read 16,861,835 times
I have used tan towels. I am not sure of the brand but they come in silver packets.

They did give me ALMOST natural looking color, but I was unable to use them without getting streaks even though they claimed to be streak free. Also it is hard to not get too much color on the thicker areas of skin like around your ankles and I thought it looked rather silly to have tan legs and still be white on my arms and hands, etc!

I have learned to accept my paleness as an adult, but there were some pretty rough years there when I was younger. Kids are mean.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,852,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
hey everyone
was wondering if tanning lotion (not the sunless ones)works for really pale people ones that have alot of freckles or are just pale
not trying to offend anyone but not everybody is graced with a nice tan
baby_firefly, you still around?? Try Tan Perfect. You can purchase this at Sally Beauty Supply. It goes on brown so you can see where you are applying it. Put it on before bed and wash off in the morning. It looks natural also, not orange.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,827,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
baby_firefly, you still around?? Try Tan Perfect. You can purchase this at Sally Beauty Supply. It goes on brown so you can see where you are applying it. Put it on before bed and wash off in the morning. It looks natural also, not orange.

Is this good for pale skin? I know someone who is always trying self tanner, yet most of the shades are too dark for their skin....is this a "subtle" tanner that a teen could use?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:31 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,852,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Is this good for pale skin? I know someone who is always trying self tanner, yet most of the shades are too dark for their skin....is this a "subtle" tanner that a teen could use?
Now that I think of it, it may be too dark. It goes on very dark, but the actual tan you acheive from it is NOT that dark. Most of it washes off when you shower the next morning.

What's great about this product is that you can see exactly where you apply it, so there are no streaks or missed spots anywhere.

If I was very pale, I would definitely give it a try, maybe try it out on my stomach or leg or somewhere where no one will see it. It usually fades after a week or so, or faster depending on whether you swim a lot.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
ladies i am your hero!!!!!!!!!!
i have tried over 14 sunless tanners and ive become an expert.
they smell streak and sometimes stain but not all.
i was very impressed with the following i know this sounds weird but dollar general tanner it has bronze in it and adjust to natural skin,jergens gradual tan although has streak but lets you choose darkness without strong odor,nuetrogena gradual tan is easy to use and has a pump for easy use its dark and high quality without price.

but most importantly be happy with yourself its not about tan and trust me guys dont care.

one of the hot jocks went outy with me and said the tan stuff looked lie crap and i havn't used it and have been happy since. any ? contact me at [email]Sarahnis@msn.com[/email]

Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 PM

10,827 posts, read 19,241,363 times
I hate that some of these products really rub off on your sheets. I'm pretty much "Casper" legs, so I use a self-tanner (since I decided to stop playing sun goddess - Of course, the things I liked are discontinued. I don't do a self-tanner in the winter - but in shorts season, I don't want to wear shorts and have folks need to put on sunglasses. I wish Neutrogena would bring back the stuff they used to sell, I loved that. Now I have to use: Bath & Body Works (doesn't work so great, gives some color but smells great so I stick with that), Neutrogena (the new stuff, hate it, but....).

sari barie - I wish this was true, I think we are all still in a culture that likes SOME color (ghost white isn't that attractive in my opinion)

Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,598,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
hey everyone
was wondering if tanning lotion (not the sunless ones)works for really pale people ones that have alot of freckles or are just pale
not trying to offend anyone but not everybody is graced with a nice tan
White skin is really beautiful. You don't need tanning lotion! Especially in the winter.....

Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,898,643 times
I can't go in the sun anymore because I've had skin cancer lesions removed more times than I can count. So in the summer (I don't care if I'm pale in the winter) I use Jergens tanning lotion or Avon's version. Both smell kind of funky when you first put them on but the smell goes away once it's dry and it doesn't streak. I don't over do it either or else you start to look orange.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,804,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari barie View Post
ladies i am your hero!!!!!!!!!!
i have tried over 14 sunless tanners and ive become an expert.
they smell streak and sometimes stain but not all.
i was very impressed with the following i know this sounds weird but dollar general tanner it has bronze in it and adjust to natural skin,jergens gradual tan although has streak but lets you choose darkness without strong odor,nuetrogena gradual tan is easy to use and has a pump for easy use its dark and high quality without price.

but most importantly be happy with yourself its not about tan and trust me guys dont care.

one of the hot jocks went outy with me and said the tan stuff looked lie crap and i havn't used it and have been happy since. any ? contact me at Sarahnis@msn.com
Yep, you are right, no man would care. In fact, most men would prefer you just like you are.

The best thing is to avoid tanning booths and "laying out" at all costs. If you do, you will regret it, later. And, another thing -- make sure you get enough vitamin D and calcium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or