U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,542 times

Advertisements

hey there! i used to work at a tanning salon and yes, it does work! however, for fair skin, it honestly depends. there are some that are unable to tan; however, this is an uncommon skin type. tanning lotion is highly reccommended; without it, your skin does not start tanning until 4 to 6 minutes have passed. this is in a tanning bed/booth, fyi. with lotion, your skin is able to absorb the light within 30 to 40 seconds. i have some bottles of lotion if anyone is interested; please let me know (discounts!!! tanning lotion is not cheap). there are 2 main types of lotion: intensifiers and bronzers. intensifiers work with your natural skin tones; helps for a better tan and they work outside as well. bronzers have added color; now, these aren't the sunless self tanners you get in the grocery store. they wont add any color without uv rays. the uv rays react to the bronzers in the lotion to create a darker tan faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 AM

25,581 posts, read 23,863,927 times
Funny I run into this post after posting in another topic on this.
For me, it does work. Recently I started using the Jergens self-tanning stuff and am impressed. Though it doesnt last very long, it sure is nice.
I tried a tanning place several years ago and strangely, though I used the maximum time allotted for it, didnt work at all and a glad they came up with these lotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or