Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:09 PM

834 posts, read 2,271,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already
What is a female version of a misogynist? Because that is definitely you lemonandlime. Wow. Some man did a number on you. Someone did you wrong in your life somewhere..........
I have inlaws who are fundies who don't believe women should go to college or work, and I can't say I've ever heard anything like this even from them!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:14 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,269,351 times
I went to the Ivy League of the south, The University of Texas at Austin. I have travelled extensively within the U.S. and currently live in the culturally diverse southwest. I change homes frequently and am a nomad. Women continue to be defined by traditional roles such as being a wife and mother. Most women have nothing to live for other than their children, home, friends, etc. Go on Facebook and behold the bevvy of fat, sun damaged soccer mommy losers whose whole lives revolves around various well worn networks.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 AM

992 posts, read 2,366,921 times
Actually, the Ivy League of the South is NOT UT. It's Rice University.

And, what's so wrong with "living for your kids"? What's wrong with embracing your family and your station in life? It doesn't make you any less of a person to be a mother and wife. It does, however, make you less of a person to criticize and cut someone down for their life choices, particularly if their choices do NOT affect your life.

I am not an overtanned overprocessed soccer mom, but I am a 38 year old mother of 4 and I'm proud of my station in life.

Having such contempt for a "group" of people that don't affect your life one bit is a serious time waster.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,030,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I went to the Ivy League of the south, The University of Texas at Austin. I have travelled extensively within the U.S. and currently live in the culturally diverse southwest. I change homes frequently and am a nomad. Women continue to be defined by traditional roles such as being a wife and mother. Most women have nothing to live for other than their children, home, friends, etc. Go on Facebook and behold the bevvy of fat, sun damaged soccer mommy losers whose whole lives revolves around various well worn networks.
Labels like "Ivy League of the South" are meaningless. Get off your high horse and acknowledge you went to just UT and it really has nothing to do with the rest of your post.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:22 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,387,888 times
Its all about the hormones. Women get perky boobs, shiny hair, and perfect skin (unless they have too many male hormones). young men get ooozing zits, smelly pits and goofy behavior.

When it all settles down women are worn out from teh hormones, just like athletes that take HGH and men just get better looking. A sad fact of nature. That's why women who have relied on their looks as their only plan are so miserable later in life.

Advice to the young men here. Put a woman's good looks about third on the list behind personal ethics and independence. And find a woman who is working to accomplish something in her life. When you get older you won't have to have that super expensive trade-in on a younger model.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:29 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,804,059 times
Have you traveled around the world?
Are you stating your opinion based on a very diverse group of people?

It's sad that you, especially being a woman, think women can only find joy in specific roles. I have no idea how you got to that conclusion, but it is just sad.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to judge other people. They might find happiness on their lifestyles, even if you don't understand them. They - or anyone, for that matter - might be judgmental of you bc of your lifestyle choices as well.

People are different, that is life. I suppose you would have a much better time if you weren't so ready to criticize others so sharply. But like I said, this is something that only comes when one experiences diversity and sees the bigger picture.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:45 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,643,648 times
Quote:
You do know that most of those fat losers are happier than you are, right?

Old 06-26-2011, 09:21 AM

992 posts, read 2,366,921 times
[quote=OngletNYC;19758765]You do know that most of those fat losers are happier than you are, right?[/quote

Present and accounted for. I've had breakfast with my FAMILY, coffee with my HUSBAND, cuddled with my DOG, washed dishes, done laundry, watched a movie, and laughed with my 3 year old this morning so far. I've got a smile on my face right now.

You know what makes you look different as you get older? A perma scowl. Live and let live and quit judging others; it's what is inside that counts and any person worth a flip KNOWS THAT.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,522,330 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for you, I really do. You are happily, if a little obsessively, married to your physical appearance. But as is the natural order of things, you will go through a painful divorce in mid-life, and then you will be all alone with your bizarre opinions and your ageing body.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 AM

81 posts, read 237,808 times
Quote:
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.
Best post by far. Most of you women in here just can not handle the truth. I guess most of you need to be educated, but hey I guess ignorance is bliss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty