Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times

Advertisements

Most men remain capable of fathering children their whole lives while most women become significantly less capable of carrying a pregnancy to term after 35. It is nature's way of directing men towards women who can still have kids.

In addition the plain and ugly girls in high school are more driven to keep or improve the looks they have than the ones who were always told they were pretty.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Age happens! Name some good looking old men.
Peter O'Toole (perhaps)?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Age happens! Name some good looking old men.
Robert Redford
Clint Eastwood
Paul Newman before he died
Harrison Ford
John Slattery (although he's only about 50)
Liam Neeson
Daniel Day Lewis
Robert De Niro

Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
Otc bioidentical hormone creams are definitely not snake oil, I have used progesterone cream off and on since the late 90s. The creams I use produce a noticeable change in my mood and physiology, I am definitely not imagining anything. To have a pain free, symptom free, drama free period at 40 is somewhat unusual; I know this from extensive reading online and from years of personal experience. I apparently do very well on a load of estrogen & progesterone. I will be managing my hormone decline indefinitely with creams, you'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands frankly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sorry, where did you say you got your degree in pharmacology from?
I must have missed that.
I come from a medical family, most of my friends are in the medical profession, every single last one of them holds the professional opinion that bioidentical creams are the snake oil of today.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:45 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Truly reproducing is a woman's only raison d'etre.
Huh??!!

Would you care to elaborate on that? It is so incredibly unbelievable I have probably missed something, and it wasn't the French term, bien sur!!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Huh??!!

Would you care to elaborate on that? It is so incredibly unbelievable I have probably missed something, and it wasn't the French term, bien sur!!
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much.
Wow. If you've come to believe that men have that attitude you're hanging out with the wrong men. Or you aren't around real Men. Capital M.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Back in high school, and at times I always admired the beauty that most of the popular girls had. They had so much attention, and I always had that feeling that they were going to be beautiful for a long time.

However after running into many of them, after years I say to myself "oh my, what happened"??? I am not trying to be negative, but 10 to 15 years after high school many woman just dont age gracefully. The irony is that the girl that most of the guys just did not notice or get as much attention as the popular girls in high, look way better than what they did back than and much better than many of the woman who grabbed all the intention. They also tend to be more successful and independent.

I see this trend all the time, and my friends agree with me. One theory of mine is because most women who tend to be apart of that popular clique tend to drink, smoke, and party hard during those early years, become dependent on someone, get pregnant, etc. This is one reason why I think most men, and I believe men are shallow as they are desperate, look for younger women, immediately when they see signs that there woman is aging. Men know subconsciously that many woman whether we all want to admit it or not, do not age gracefully.

As I said this does not pertain to every single woman, but it is something I would like to look into. Men look better when they age, and for women it is the complete opposite.
For the very same reasons as the boys from high school........

Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
Quote:
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.
I thought it was some kind of typo, but apparently I did read it correctly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I must say it is hard to believe someone living in the 21st century thinks this way, though.

You might not agree, but there are people - men and women - who are smart enough to contribute to fields like science, medicine, arts, music, etc.
Otherwise, yes, humankind would be still here, but probably still close to the stone age.

Why is it so hard to understand that people respect each other (yes, not everybody hates whatever is not-within-their-standards, can you believe it?!) without fitting in such narrow standards?

Are you a well-traveled person? People around the world believe in different values, different lifestyles. Traveling is a great way to get educated, if one is willing to learn, that is.
Whatever it is that you believe, I suggest you see the bigger picture: humankind is not a one-size-fits-all society.

It is utterly impossible (and pointless) to continue this discussion, anyway.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:00 PM

834 posts, read 2,278,428 times
Quote:
Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children?
lemonlime, you cannot be serious. I've got to pass this information along to my single girlfriends who have THE hardest time finding a man who will date them if they have kids. And these are women in their 20's. If they do find a guy willing to go out with them, he is doing it in spite of them having kids, not because they have kids.
I'd give some serious side-eye to a man who would only date women with kids.

And the rest of your post is just sad, really sad. You really think a woman's only purpose is to reproduce and she has no purpose beyond menopause? I guess women who are infertile should just throw themselves off a cliff since they are useless.
Are you a man who was beamed in from medieval times or something? Or a woman who has been severely brainwashed by an abusive man, because really, that is some freaky stuff you're spouting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty