Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:27 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Why do women look so different as they get older?
Because they're aging. This applies to men, too.

[seems obvious to me]

Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,425 times
Karma...the pretty, but nasty ones have to get theirs in the end somehow!

Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,106 times
People get ugly with age. But the way you live life in your youth will determine a lot on how you age. Lots of women-the good looking ones-used a lot of booze and used drugs. Some still smoke and drink. Add to that not exercising because you are "born" perfect. Well its a recipe for disaster. Your body can't handle stress to well, even if its unnoticed to you at the time. You are going to pay.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 AM

30,484 posts, read 16,194,511 times
I think bald men are attractive!
I think men sometimes lose their attractiveness with age. i think it's partly how the person takes care of themselves,partly genetic.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,079 times
Quote:
Back in high school, and at times I always admired the beauty that most of the popular girls had. They had so much attention, and I always had that feeling that they were going to be beautiful for a long time.

Always look at their parents to get a idea of what they will look like in a few years. Not a perfect guarantee, but it is a good rule of thumb. Kittens are cute but they grow into cats eventually.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,016 times
Quote:
Back in high school, and at times I always admired the beauty that most of the popular girls had. They had so much attention, and I always had that feeling that they were going to be beautiful for a long time.

However after running into many of them, after years I say to myself "oh my, what happened"??? I am not trying to be negative, but 10 to 15 years after high school many woman just dont age gracefully. The irony is that the girl that most of the guys just did not notice or get as much attention as the popular girls in high, look way better than what they did back than and much better than many of the woman who grabbed all the intention. They also tend to be more successful and independent.

I see this trend all the time, and my friends agree with me. One theory of mine is because most women who tend to be apart of that popular clique tend to drink, smoke, and party hard during those early years, become dependent on someone, get pregnant, etc. This is one reason why I think most men, and I believe men are shallow as they are desperate, look for younger women, immediately when they see signs that there woman is aging. Men know subconsciously that many woman whether we all want to admit it or not, do not age gracefully.

As I said this does not pertain to every single woman, but it is something I would like to look into. Men look better when they age, and for women it is the complete opposite.

Bitter, sexist, outcast is how you SOUND. I haven't noticed this transformation of plain to good looking and good looking to plain/ugly syndrome.

Men and Women age at the same rate and while men may maintain their attractiveness longer, it has nothing to do with their looks but, with their earnings. Younger women will find them attractive because they are good providers.

Youth always makes people prettier but, I have gotten more looks from young men (thanks to Demi Moore I think) as of late than ever before. I have had no surgery nor botox etc - all natural and I like the fact that mature young men are starting to notice us older women.

There may be something to the fact that good looking thin people never had to worry about their weight and did not learn healthy eating habits so they grew a bit heavy. However, in my experiences the really attractive people are still attractive. I have not been shocked by seeing my classmates age.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Everyone ages, event those beautiful girls in high school. Life style has a lot to do with how well you age. Getting a suntan every summer and smoking are two things that damage your complexion a great deal. But some women think a darker skin makes them look sexy, eventually it makes them look like a dried up prune. Still they continue to make weekly trips to a tanning salon. These salons must also affect your eye sight and good judgement. Stay out of the sun if you want to look your best. As an amateur photographer I've told many of the woman I've photographed "you will never look any better than you do right now". That may not apply 100% of the time, but most of the time it does.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because they're aging. This applies to men, too.

[seems obvious to me]
That's because you're intelligent.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
Quote:
...This is one reason why I think most men, and I believe men are shallow as they are desperate, look for younger women, immediately when they see signs that there woman is aging. Men know subconsciously that many woman whether we all want to admit it or not, do not age gracefully...
I was going to take time to craft a worthy reply, but I'm too shallow and desperate.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 AM

672 posts, read 2,112,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Everyone ages, event those beautiful girls in high school. Life style has a lot to do with how well you age. Getting a suntan every summer and smoking are two things that damage your complexion a great deal. But some women think a darker skin makes them look sexy, eventually it makes them look like a dried up prune. Still they continue to make weekly trips to a tanning salon. These salons must also affect your eye sight and good judgement. Stay out of the sun if you want to look your best. As an amateur photographer I've told many of the woman I've photographed "you will never look any better than you do right now". That may not apply 100% of the time, but most of the time it does.
That's what I am thinking. Tan = you will age terribly. My mother's friend used to lay out all summer, covered in baby oil. She was super dark and by the time she reached her 50s, she looked like a pair of wrinkly, dry, leather cowboy boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty