U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM

8,936 posts, read 15,851,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Go back and read your original post in this thread.
I can totally see why emi_ said what she did.
Uhm, no..........

here is my post

Quote:
do what you want - but ear gauging is gross

doesn't make you a bad person, but it is disgusting

I absolutely love our baby sitter, but I think she looks like a clown when she throws on the skin tight ed hardy shirts

but to each their own
Not in any way, shape or form did I say that one led to the other or were part of the same path ........ just that good people can follow stupid trends, doesn't make them bad - but it doesn't make it a good look or idea

when told that they had nothing to do with each other I stated

Quote:
Sure they do - they are both respresentations of that person, fashion statements, etc
again - no where am I saying that they are common on an individual level, that one leads to the other, etc

but that unique to a person, like any trend or modification to how you look there are some underlying things that are the same

they are unique trees growing from the same soil - but the presense of one definitely doesn't lead to the presence of another and it's something I absolutely didn't say or imply
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM

1,234 posts, read 2,395,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Not in any way, shape or form did I say that one led to the other or were part of the same path ........ just that good people can follow stupid trends, doesn't make them bad - but it doesn't make it a good look or idea
You linked earlobe stretching with Ed Hardy shirts for no reason... clothing is not a body modification.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 PM

8,936 posts, read 15,851,020 times
never said it was - I said it was an expression of ones self, similar to body modification

and even at that it would take someone a little light in gray matter to conclude that one would lead to another which is what this quote implies .... but I guess thanks for the very obvious statement

Quote:
Wearing Ed Hardy doesn't make you stretch your lobes. Stretching your lobes doesn't make you wear Ed Hardy.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,626,771 times
You may want to fix that link, or use google to find something bwtter- it is broken and i hrts the eyes and stretches the screen..

Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,204,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
You may want to fix that link, or use google to find something bwtter- it is broken and i hrts the eyes and stretches the screen..

Thanks, I just deleted them.....could not load them properly. Gross pics of Body moders. Sometimes the images off the net will not work......darn

Old 09-26-2018, 10:20 AM

187 posts, read 316,837 times
Hello all
Its been a long time contemplating BUT I got my nose pierced last week and it looks awesome. Healing very well. No pain. Wearing a tiny stud . Those who don't know me very well cant even tell it is so brand new. Looks like it had been there forever.
So thanks for all the feedback .
And #noregrets !!

Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 AM

2,960 posts, read 4,688,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidgirl View Post
Hello all
Its been a long time contemplating BUT I got my nose pierced last week and it looks awesome. Healing very well. No pain. Wearing a tiny stud . Those who don't know me very well cant even tell it is so brand new. Looks like it had been there forever.
So thanks for all the feedback .
And #noregrets !!
congrats! I think nose piercings look great on girls.

And as long as you're happy with it, that's all that really matters

Old 09-27-2018, 02:29 AM

1,722 posts, read 700,406 times
From a distance, some tiny studs look like pimples.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:22 AM

9,100 posts, read 3,923,269 times
I'm assuming there is a back to this tiny nose stud? How do you keep it clean when it is inside your nose? What happens when you have a cold and have to blow your nose every 5 minutes?

Old 09-27-2018, 11:31 AM

187 posts, read 316,837 times
Yes the stud is on a post. So the whole thing is on a titanium hollow small rod that is long so that it accounts for the swelling . Later I will get it replaced by a smaller post.
They gave me a spray to clean the inside of the nose ...debris mucus etc...
And yes you can sneeze and blow your nose even when things are healing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty