U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 AM

3,581 posts, read 9,002,297 times

Advertisements

I am with Drover on the inbetween option. I like a woman who can sit in my lap without worry if the chair will support us both or if I will have circulation problems in my legs afterwards. I also like enough meat on their bones so I don't get sharp pelvic bones puncturing any of my vital areas.

I don't care much for women who look like boys, so some curvature is necessary. Too much and the curves start to overlap and it takes a really special person for me to be excited by that too.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM

25,084 posts, read 13,912,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
This reminds me of the thread "Hey Fellas, would you date a BIG woman?"

And I'm going to quote Sleestak from it!!

As long as a woman is reasonably comfortable with herself and has some joy left in her soul, she's going to be attractive to a large percentage of us guys. Yes, looks do play a part, but a lot of other factors are just as important. As long as a woman is "in the ballpark" or even in the general vicinity of the "ballpark", her personality is the most important part of her attractiveness.

You're not going to get the same anwer from any of the guys on what they prefer... because preferances are vastly different. But he put it very well, ..there was another poster that made me laugh as well, he said.. extra meat on the bones? bring it on. ...now if she's built like a ford explorer, we might have a problem!.

I think thinner women are pretty, only because I always struggle with wanting to be thinner than what I am myself. But I would never give up my curves. If everyone wants to have a stick-thin boy figure to fit into those new designer size 0 jeans... have at it!

that's my opinion, for what it's worth!! But I don't count I'm a girl
Hey girl...I feel u. I am no "ford explorer", but I am a long ways away from tall and thin. I have ample t and a and a seriously good waist-line. I have no problems attracting men. I am comfortable with myself, but I am always trying to improve. I think women r programmed early to value Hollywood's standard of beauty. All of the "beautiful" women we see in the media r tall and slim types or they have really nice bodies with no extra meat on their bones and pretty faces. Naturally most women want to be as close to the "beautiful" image as possible. And even if we don't exactly fit into that group we still think women who do r very attractive and lucky. I think as women no matter what situation we find ourselves in we have to learn to set our own standard of beauty, value and love ourselves and not look for or need external affirmation. Especially if u r curved and voluptuous or big boned

Old 08-08-2007, 04:14 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,468,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanppl View Post
Just curious!!! Do you as a men find a thin woman more attractive than a voluptous one that has some curves?

I was discussing this with some friends and how often you see guys that turn their heads to women with curves and how different between countries this pattern is. But let's hear it from the boys.
Hint: most American men think Angleina Jolie is "curvy".

I think that is the "disconnect" another poster wrote about.

Just saying.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM

31,572 posts, read 12,707,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I am with Drover on the inbetween option. I like a woman who can sit in my lap without worry if the chair will support us both or if I will have circulation problems in my legs afterwards. I also like enough meat on their bones so I don't get sharp pelvic bones puncturing any of my vital areas.

I don't care much for women who look like boys, so some curvature is necessary. Too much and the curves start to overlap and it takes a really special person for me to be excited by that too.
OMG too funny

I think men just like women period. I had a friend, pretty face, shor, way overweight... she had more men than I could count... It's all a matter of choice. If you are attracted then you are attracted, if it's just physical, wait a while and see what happens. The personality and character of a person can make them more attractive, however, for me, if there is no physical attraction then it doesn't matter how his personality is. I want is all.......

Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM

442 posts, read 1,902,693 times
I think most men like women with confidence. If a woman has bright eyes, a pretty, friendly smile, with a warm disposition, the men go crazy. At least this is what I see at work. The women the men go ga-ga over aren't necessarily plus-size, curvy, or thin. The men think the most attractive women are the ones who pay them attention and laugh at their jokes, although in their minds its because she is a knock-out when the rest of us see her as an average woman with no special features. Comprende?

Old 08-08-2007, 08:52 PM

109 posts, read 294,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
I think most men like women with confidence. If a woman has bright eyes, a pretty, friendly smile, with a warm disposition, the men go crazy. At least this is what I see at work. The women the men go ga-ga over aren't necessarily plus-size, curvy, or thin. The men think the most attractive women are the ones who pay them attention and laugh at their jokes, although in their minds its because she is a knock-out when the rest of us see her as an average woman with no special features. Comprende?
Totally agree

Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 PM

121 posts, read 470,056 times
Attraction depends on the man. Take me for instance I am pretty much one deminsional for the most part.

What's the definition of thin?
If you're talking pamela anderson then I might make an exception(would have to see her in person). However, under most circumstances I don't date thin women period and don't find them attractive. I think I equate physique with attraction as oppose to how "cute" a woman may look or how great her personality is. Though, I can appreaciate a thin womans beauty, I can't get excited about thin women altogether because the attraction won't be there.

One note I'd like to make, Scott Baio said it best ,"the imperfections in a woman is the thing that I am attracted to"(can you believe I am learning from his show,lol). Anyways, maybe I just like the thicker /curvy woman because I also see them appearing more down to earth and not neccessarily attractive in the traditional sense.

Last edited by GypsySunworshiper; 08-09-2007 at 10:16 PM..

Old 08-10-2007, 04:57 AM

270 posts, read 1,092,665 times
well i have always liked tall thin girls. My wife is 5'7" she is a size 9-10 closer to a 9. But when we started dating she was a 4 or something way to skinny now that i look back at pictures. She has haqd 3 children in 6 years and I love the way she looks. She is just beautiful She still takes my breathe away when i see her walking down the stairs in the morning ( i go to work a couple of hrs before her and come home to help get the kids ready for school,and she is all dolled up for work and we have been married for almost 8 years now.
I think that i have fell in love with what she is not what she looks like although like i said before she is a knockout.

So after all that to answer your question when i was younger i always looked for the tall thin blonde and now i see that other types of women are attractive.
sasha blue said it best
Quote:

Old 08-10-2007, 02:51 PM

6 posts, read 54,161 times
I like 'em all!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM

100 posts, read 285,437 times
I am the type of guy that does not look at the outer beauty of a woman. I mainly focus on how the woman is on the inside. How nice she is etc. That is probably why I am still single and never been in a relationship and I am going off to college. well... That and I mainly have no social life. I devote my life to learning and school, and hardly leave room for me to just have fun and enjoy everything.... I hope in the end, choosing to be a doctor is worth it. Anyway... ( i sorta got off topic) those who have curves.... u ladies are just as attractive than those who are skinny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty