U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 AM

278 posts, read 818,465 times

Advertisements

I would imagine it's relevant...depending on what man you ask and what his personal preferences are. Also, just because a man finds a model sexy...doesn't imply it is the same body type he feels most comfortable with in building his 'nest'.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
I'm a woman and

I find thiner cury women more attractive....But heafty women are more attractive internally, it seems, why?...they oft times have such beautiful faces and are extremely confident and happy....

because I'm tall, I always loved very tall men...who were overweight and had some meat on their bones....I actaully love men who are heafty, not emormous, but big men....

Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 AM

139 posts, read 345,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Yes! I think taller/thinner woman are more attractive.
I am jealous of them because I am short 4'11". wish I was taller
Lots of guys say they like tall & thin women, BUT it's REALLY hard to find a guy who's willing to date one who's 6'1" like myself

Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Let me make this perfectly clear......I'm a woman, not gay, not bi, strickly stright, but admire pretty ladies/and handsome men....but, am not in the least interested in having a physical relationship with any woman....

Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,420,882 times
Attractiveness is an attitude, I think. Too thin or obese is probably not attractive, but everything else being equal, a woman can be appealing based on her sexuality rather than her body shape.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
Attractiveness is an attitude, I think. Too thin or obese is probably not attractive, but everything else being equal, a woman can be appealing based on her sexuality rather than her body shape.

agreed...also, some people, I think, are simply charasmatic....they just seem to be so interesting and fun.....
bottom line is, shouldn't really matter....yes, every man wants a trophy on his arm...be she overweight, thin, muscular, body by fisher....in his mind, and not all men, but most, will want a trophy....and that's ok, if they are happy.

whatever happiness is to you is your personal key which no one else should influence.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM

8,000 posts, read 16,803,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Let me make this perfectly clear......I'm a woman, not gay, not bi, strickly stright, but admire pretty ladies/and handsome men....but, am not in the least interested in having a physical relationship with any woman....
what's the matter creme, you getting some dm's from the ladies?? LOL

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

2,484 posts, read 7,899,526 times
Thin anorexic bag of bones is only sexy in the mentally-lacking women's world. I have never found any male to be attracted to a clothes hanger. On the flip side, curvy and voluptuous does not mean TUB OF LARD! :O It seems most women have a difficult time finding the happy medium between "i'm gonna starve myself and make only the other girls jealous" and "i'm a freaking blueberry muffin...now brb while I eat 10 more".

Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,912,002 times
i hope im allowed to reply (im not a man) that it is definitely NOT the case that all men/women find thin people more attractive.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
I think the OP should have said "sexier" instead of "prettier" in her post. And it also depends on how you are defining "curvy". There is a definate difference between "curvy" and "overweight" or "large". Men like "curvy", men do not like "large or overweight". There are lots of pretty women who are thin, curvy and large (the three extremes). Queen Latifah is large and pretty; Riki Lake is large and pretty; Cameron Diaz is thin and pretty; Katharine Heigl is thin and pretty; but none of these women are really considered sexy by most men's standards.

Kim Kardashian is sexy; Jessica Beal is sexy; Vida Guerra is sexy; Rhianna is sexy; Salma Hayek is sexy; Halle Berry is sexy; Brazilian Samba dancers are sexy. What these women all have in common is that they are "curvy". Curvy usually = sexy to men. Fit+curvy (i.e., your fitness models, female personal trainers, female olympic sprinters) equals very sexy.

Thin is definately not as attractive as curves. The fashion industry wants thin women because they look better in designer clothes and because they are thin, people have a tendancy to look at the fashion and not the model. If you get a model with a J-Lo or Jessica Beal body, people would look at only the model and pay no attention to the fashion. They would say "Wow, she's sexy" instead of "That dress was nice". Another reason for the skinny model - an overwhelming majority of fashion designers (men) are gay and dont really know whats sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty