Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:48 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,029 times

Advertisements

I could be wrong, but I think most men view curvy as having large breasts, small waist and ample butt. The woman described below would most likely be lacking in the breast department. If you look at most fitness models, they have no breasts, but chest muscles, unless they have implants. I'm sure there are exceptions, but not too many. I work out often have the quad line, abs, butt, and I am SERIOUSLY lacking in the chest department so am speaking from experience. Any of you ladies who are shorter and actually have a real chest and want to trade, let me know
I agree with the posters who say internal beauty is more important. I have met some very attractive people who quickly became ugly to me once they opened their mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
With all other things being equal (personality, attitude, face, etc.) and only taking into account a person's physical look (i.e., body), curvy is definately more attractive. There are definately deal breakers for me and deal makers.

Deal breakers:
Smoker, lots of tatoos, flabby stomach, sedentary lifestyle, implants, poor hip to waist ratio (i.e., hip measurment is almost same as or greater than waist), poor thigh-to-knee and calf-to-ankle ratios (i.e., knee and ankle must be significantly smaller than thigh and calf).

Deal Makers:
Flat abs, muscular thighs (size doesnt matter) but must be muscular, muscular calfs, firm bottom like heavy squats and leg presses are regular part of her fitness program, muscle on side of thigh must be visible, absolutely must be athletic.

For me, curvy (athletic) is definately more attractive.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think most men view curvy as having large breasts, small waist and ample butt.
True. The last part is especially important. Guess I like athletic curvy much more so than store bought curvy. Monica Brandt, Jelena Abbou, Trish Stratus (before the implants) are fitness models who are to die for. Ukranian and Belarussian female sprinters are perfect dreamy. I'd much prefer an athletic woman with an "A" cup over a non-athletic woman with a post-op "C" or "D".

Cankles are definately out. Someone once said that its very unnattractive if it looks like a woman is baking bread in her shoes (meaning the cankles and fat are spilling over on the sides). I thought that was hilarious.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:17 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,957 times
Curvy women are more attractive, otherwise why do so many women pay so much money for breast enhancement? Think about it.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:30 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
I think that thinner (not bones) women with curves are some of the prettiest people... That is to say, the hourglass shape is very attractive if not overdone.

I'm a girl, so I'm a bit biased..

As for the person who said that very little difference between waist and hips was sexy - it's natural for there to be at least a 6-inch difference. It's called being able to birth a child. And women who've had children generally have larger hips.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
Curvy women are more attractive, otherwise why do so many women pay so much money for breast enhancement? Think about it.
Some women get them for reconstructive purposes, some because it makes them feel more feminine, some because they like to please others or get attention, some because it is the "it" thing to do. There are lots of reasons not limited to pleasing men or to be labeled curvy.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:37 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,957 times
Thumbs up ok, I'll buy that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Some women get them for reconstructive purposes, some because it makes them feel more feminine, some because they like to please others or get attention, some because it is the "it" thing to do. There are lots of reasons not limited to pleasing men or to be labeled curvy.
Ok by me...explanation is sound and logical. I always liked curvy women - Marilyn Monroe, Tina Turner, for example.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Ok by me...explanation is sound and logical. I always liked curvy women - Marilyn Monroe, Tina Turner, for example.
It is too bad they aren't typical for Hollywood anymore. Have you seen Keira Knightly lately, such a beautiful face but she looks like she is wasting away!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:04 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,567 times
if i were a man (or lesbian) then i would definitely prefer a curvy (not fat) girl. certain thin types (picture kathryn hepburn) just dont seem to oooooze any sex appeal to me. i like ooozy vavavoomey type bodies on women.

now when it comes to men i think i prefer thin/thinner.

i wonder where we all get our preferences from?

Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Tina Turner? I think her legs are too skinny. But then again, when I was a kid, I had the huuuuuuuuugest crush on Mary Lou Retton circa 1984. Thought she had the best legs in the world. Now that I think about it, that has always been the type of women that Ive found attractive - the muscular fit type gymnasts and cirque du soleil acrobrats. Not the contortionists (eew), but the swinging from the trapeez, running, tumbling, trampoline jumping types.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,649 times
IMHO we really (including myself) should have let only men respond because so many women are saying what men like and don't like. I know a man who goes for only obese women. We really can't speak for them. Not every man wants a trophy.

Oh, speaking of Tina Turner - I have never known a man who was not attracted to this sexual creature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty