Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,396,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
People should remember that:

Thin - is NOT sickly boney or anorexic.
Curvy/voluptuous - is NOT FAT or OVERWEIGHT or OBESE
Can I have someone say this again? I hate it when people always correlate thin to boney or anorexic. I'm thin, but I'm certainly not boney or anorexic. My friend is curvy, but she always call herself fat. Her friends and family used to criticized her that she became numb to it, so she tease herself by telling herself that she's fat. I'm not sure if this is psychological or just "bleh I don't care" attitude.

I think the whole thin = prettier is a brainwashing culture, not just to women but to men also. Women are beautiful in their ways.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 AM

469 posts, read 1,174,782 times
Its completely a matter of personal preferance and opinion. I personally like smaller women, because they are more flexible in bed and I can move them around as needed

Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,943,283 times
I just cant understand how anyone can even fix their lips or type on their keyboard to ask if non-obese women are more attractive than obese women. The answer is YES and will ALWAYS be yes.

With questions like this, its OBVIOUS that we are talking about attraction in PURELY PHYSICAL terms. Personality, income, etc. should not even be considered as part of the conversation for the sake of the topic because we are JUST TALKING ABOUT PHYSICAL ATTRACTION. You'll always get some lame-brain person to comment "oh well oftentimes, thin women are so stuckup that they become ugly, and overweight/obese women are so sweet that they become attractive..." or other garbage like this. The conversation/thread topic ISNT ABOUT PERSONALITY, its about physical attraction. The world knows that fit/thin women ARE more physically attractive and desirable than fat/overweight women. And, the world (should) know that CURVY women (Kim Kardashian, Jessical Beil, Sofia Vergara, etc.) are also attractive/sexy and are the EPITOME OF THE DEFINITION OF CURVY.

Now, if you (or anyone) were to post pictures here of thin/fit women and fat/obese women and block out the faces so that we ONLY see the bodies, the overwhelming majority of men would ALWAYS pick the thin/fit women as being the more attractive, more desirable, etc. Its a no-brainer.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I just cant understand how anyone can even fix their lips or type on their keyboard to ask if non-obese women are more attractive than obese women. The answer is YES and will ALWAYS be yes.

With questions like this, its OBVIOUS that we are talking about attraction in PURELY PHYSICAL terms. Personality, income, etc. should not even be considered as part of the conversation for the sake of the topic because we are JUST TALKING ABOUT PHYSICAL ATTRACTION. You'll always get some lame-brain person to comment "oh well oftentimes, thin women are so stuckup that they become ugly, and overweight/obese women are so sweet that they become attractive..." or other garbage like this. The conversation/thread topic ISNT ABOUT PERSONALITY, its about physical attraction. The world knows that fit/thin women ARE more physically attractive and desirable than fat/overweight women. And, the world (should) know that CURVY women (Kim Kardashian, Jessical Beil, Sofia Vergara, etc.) are also attractive/sexy and are the EPITOME OF THE DEFINITION OF CURVY.

Now, if you (or anyone) were to post pictures here of thin/fit women and fat/obese women and block out the faces so that we ONLY see the bodies, the overwhelming majority of men would ALWAYS pick the thin/fit women as being the more attractive, more desirable, etc. Its a no-brainer.

Nobody's talking about fat/obese women here. The OP is about thin/fit vs Curvy/voluptous.

Are thin women consider prettier than curved and voluptous women ?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:25 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Nobody's talking about fat/obese women here. The OP is about thin/fit vs Curvy/voluptous.

Are thin women consider prettier than curved and voluptous women ?
To quote Mercury Cougar upthread, "when a woman says she's 'curvy' or 'voluptuous' just go ahead and translate that as 'fat', because 99% of the time, that's what she is."

Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,759 times
I prefer myself with a BMI between 19.5 and 23. My BMI is right now 25.9 (losing weight)

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,228 times
The best I ever looked was in my early 30s pre bcp.... got down to a B cup, got rid of most curves. I'm still thin, a size zero, but the pill has filled me back out & I don't like it. Skinnier is better.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:51 PM

236 posts, read 859,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
Its completely a matter of personal preferance and opinion. I personally like smaller women, because they are more flexible in bed and I can move them around as needed

Old 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,228 times
What's "healthy"? Even Jennifer Hudson lost 40 lbs.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
healthy women are the most attractive to me

Old 02-25-2011, 03:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
Then again, it also depends on what you define as "curvy" and "thin".

It's all based on opinion.
Yep. Despite the ranting and the CAPS and the EMPHASIS, these are subjective terms. No one person gets to define them for everybody else. Some people are going to equate thin with bony, while others might just think it means slim. They may think of different body types when they hear thin, slim, slender, skinny, narrow, frail, lean, delicate, skeletal ... these words are essentially synonyms but convey different things to different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.