Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times

Advertisements

Silly question... what do you wear to baseball games? Going to our first one on July 4th... not a really big sports family, so we don't know what people generally wear to sporting events. Is it rude not to wear the home team's logo wear? Is it OK to wear hats to protect yourself from the sun? Flip flops or sandals OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Silly question... what do you wear to baseball games? Going to our first one on July 4th... not a really big sports family, so we don't know what people generally wear to sporting events. Is it rude not to wear the home team's logo wear? Is it OK to wear hats to protect yourself from the sun? Flip flops or sandals OK?
Women are expected to wear as little as possible. Whatever they wear must be very tight.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,800 times
Wear whatever you want. Hats are fine, but try to choose one that won't get in someone else's way. If you wear shorts to a day game you might want something to sit on. In some stadiums, the seats can be hot! I don't wear flip flops because I like to have more protection for my feet in crowded places (from being stepped on and from trash).

Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
Wear what you would feel comfortable wearing to a neighborhood cookout, and just try to avoid wearing the opposing team's colors.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM

538 posts, read 1,521,430 times
Short skirts tend to be nice, with a tank top (braless--you don't want to let bra straps show because that looks really tacky at a baseball game), and sandals (but not flip flops).

Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM

Thanks! So... wear unobtrusive hat, sandals, no bra, tight mini and tank top. And something to sit on - like my hubby! Got it.

(You never know what sort of replies you'll get on C-D... some of you are very cheeky!)

Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Thanks! So... wear unobtrusive hat, sandals, no bra, tight mini and tank top. And something to sit on - like my hubby! Got it.
Do the men a favor and bounce up and down the aisle between innings. Whenever something exciting happens throw your arms up over you head and scream, "Wooooooooooooo!"

(You're welcome, guys. )

Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
it is also customary to eat a hot dog in a provocative manner and during the 7th inning stretch to bend at the waist and touch your toes .... don't ask me why, just the way it is.............

without knowing where the game is, etc i'm going to guess that you know the weather at the time of day and just dress accordingly

I'm a guy so my shorts aren't short enough to get seat burn, but my knees can catch some extra sun - so if I wear shorts to an outdoor and sunny game I usually put on some sunscreen ... for my pastiness that is a must for other exposed areas

as long as your hat is reasonable and not blocking views you'll be fine ... it's a ball game, you'll see a ton of ballcaps there and some women pull off that look very nice

don't worry about colors - if you own something great, if not it doesn't matter ... some places you could get yourself into some hassle wearing other teams colors/logos as noted above

i don't like sandals at the game because you can come across peanut shells, spilled sodas/beer, napkins and other trash on the ground not to mention the ever fun urinal puddles that tend to accumulate

just treat it as kind of a bbq as noted above - informal, don't obstruct others, expect to see a wide range of looks and provide the adequete clothing and sun protection for being exposed for a few hours without moving (if the sun angle stays fairly constant you can get some funky coloring as one side of your face may be shaded but the opposite side may be in the sun all day)

don't be afraid to order from the vendors - have cash if you want to do that ....... check your stadium for what you can bring in, here in AZ we can bring in a sealed bottle of unflavored water and a variety of snack options .... can pick up a large water and a big bag of peanuts outside the stadium for a lot less than inside

if you need to get in & out of your seats try not to do it while the game is in action .... baseball provides a lot of breaks, if possible wait until the half innings to move in or out of your row/section .... at least wait until the at bat is over

check out different parts of the stadium, get a feel for different views, etc

most importantly relax & have fun

Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

Thank you!! Great tips!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:25 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,900,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
i don't like sandals at the game because you can come across peanut shells, spilled sodas/beer, napkins and other trash on the ground not to mention the ever fun urinal puddles that tend to accumulate
This bears repeating!!! (Great reply, btw, +1 rep!)

To the OP, if you can wear a t-shirt in the color of the home team, great, but don't stress too much about it. Shorts, t-shirts, hat and sunglasses are pretty typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty