Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times

Advertisements

No not true in most cases. Hollywood celebs and models work pretty hard fitness and diet wise, much more so than the average American. Fortunately, anyone can train and exercise-- maybe not the same amount as they do but some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't understanding using "Hollywood celebs" as the standard of excellence. Or underware "angels".

Take away the makeup, the lighting and the great camera work (never mind what you can do in post-production and with photo touch-ups) and what have you got? Regular people with all the normal flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Tell me about it. When I moved to Vegas I weighed 150 pounds (I am 5'11). All these damn buffets have pushed me now over 200. I just renewed my driver's license and the difference in my face is undeniable. I never really noticed it until I compared my old license from 4 years ago to now. I now look like a fat blob with double chins. I am dieting to an extreme with only 700-1000 calories a day but the weight is not coming off. I do not know what to do.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Movie magic. Ever see "War of the Worlds" (2005) Chamy? Tim Robbins and Tom Cruise looking each other in the eye. The crew earned their pay on that one.
Yes, now I remember

That's unfortunate. LOL. Or, how about Iron Man? Jeff Bridges is super tall, but he appears closer to Downey. And Downey's like 5 8. Movie stars can never be the benchmark of beauty. Everything we see in the movies and magazines are fake.

There are better looking real men and women in real life, on the streets.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Tell me about it. When I moved to Vegas I weighed 150 pounds (I am 5'11). All these damn buffets have pushed me now over 200. I just renewed my driver's license and the difference in my face is undeniable. I never really noticed it until I compared my old license from 4 years ago to now. I now look like a fat blob with double chins. I am dieting to an extreme with only 700-1000 calories a day but the weight is not coming off. I do not know what to do.
Go on a healthy real diet. 700-1000 cals is WAY too low for 200 lbs. You body is not letting go because its freaking out. Bump it up to 1500-1800 and do 20 mins of cardio daily at least.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I recently ran into Terry Crews in the gym. I know his face coz I saw him in Norbit

The movie depicts him like a giant, I wonder how they did that.

He is still well built and ripped like crazy, but nowhere looks like a giant. I dunno what happened in the movie

But we were shaving in front of the mirror side by side, wrapped in towels, and nothing else...... and clearly I looked like a weakling beside him

But he's not quite talkative, pretty much a loner, and not quite boisterous. I am somewhat boisterous and there are other cool dudes cracking jokes and such.

Proceeds to show the kind of boring freaks movie stars are. Makes sense coz they get told how to act and behave. Actors. But empty in real life

Hmmm. I think its the setting. Fear of getting sued...or stabbed by a crazy.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Movie stars can never be the benchmark of beauty. Everything we see in the movies and magazines are fake.

There are better looking real men and women in real life, on the streets.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Go on a healthy real diet. 700-1000 cals is WAY too low for 200 lbs. You body is not letting go because its freaking out. Bump it up to 1500-1800 and do 20 mins of cardio daily at least.
Do this along with eating *real food*, little or no junk. Try Intermittent Fasting and High Intensity Interval Training along with weight lifting. If you have blood type O be strict about dairy and wheat for a while, at least till the weight comes off.

Intermittent Fasting Doesn't Work?!!!

Sorry for the title, it DOES work based on what I've been reading all over the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty